Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580874 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 14, 2015, 08:11:36 PM »
oh um wow hello
I'm Haiz, I haven't really been on a forum since I was 11 and that was kind of a really embarassing experience, so I'm pretty scared to do anything other than lurk, really......... But after reading SSSS (what, two weeks ago? I caught up just as the break began) I accidentally turned my personal tumblr into a SSSS blog aand uh yeah anyway. I don't think I'll be very active but I guess I'll post some art and stuff maybe??? I mean honestly I should just go to sleep right now

Anyway uh actual introduction yes. Haiz, 20 years old, Norwegian/Czech; Norway-dwelling (I might add tiny flags in the signature thing later I guess. are there even czech flags?), kinda genderless.
I'm currently an art history student, I draw a lot, used to write a lot, I travel a lot (I've been to most of the european countries at this point???), I'm in a historical archery club, aaand I play folk music on violin (not very well). I have a bit of viking cred in form of an outfit, viking market attendance, and a runestone in our garden. I'm scared of the future and of being an adult. I like cartoons, webcomics and pokémon. I'm really drawn to postapocalyptic fantasy settings, especially those who are all back-to-origins/restarting society, but I'm not a fan of zombies. SO YEAH that's me nice to meet you
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #541 on: March 14, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »
oh um wow hello
I'm Haiz, I haven't really been on a forum since I was 11 and that was kind of a really embarassing experience, so I'm pretty scared to do anything other than lurk, really......... But after reading SSSS (what, two weeks ago? I caught up just as the break began) I accidentally turned my personal tumblr into a SSSS blog aand uh yeah anyway. I don't think I'll be very active but I guess I'll post some art and stuff maybe???

Welcome, Haiz!  By pure coincidence, I was looking at your Tumblr this morning, via the "lalli-hotakainen" Tumblr, and wishing we had your great fan art.  Wish granted!

Will you add the explanation from your Tumblr about why each member of the crew is playing that particular instrument?

And will you post more of your work? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #542 on: March 14, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
Welcome, Haiz!  By pure coincidence, I was looking at your Tumblr this morning, via the "lalli-hotakainen" Tumblr, and wishing we had your great fan art.  Wish granted!

Will you add the explanation from your Tumblr about why each member of the crew is playing that particular instrument?

And will you post more of your work?

(oh gosh hope I'm doing this quoting thing right)
Oh wow that's kinda super nice to hear!!! And yes I will go add the descriptions, that's a good idea. And yes I will Most Definitely add more art but maybe not at 2AM norwegian time

Clairebear

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #543 on: March 14, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »
*Gasp!*  Did you say...
Have you seen this thread?
At your convenience, I suggest you talk with OrigamiOwl (who is delightful company anyway) BECAUSE she's created some SSSS T-shirt designs!  Maybe we can actually make them a thing!

Also, welcome to the Forum!  I've seen your icon on Disqus -- is the photo that poor overweight cat that Anderson Cooper once petted on TV?

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that!

As for the obese kitty, I've really got no idea, just saw it and thought it was funny. Gotta love those obese cats!

Clairebear

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #544 on: March 14, 2015, 11:53:31 PM »
Hello! I actually remember you from disqus, specifically because we share a first name (and I like finding people with my name idk :D ) Welcome to forum and help yourself to some Piney-cookies™!

I love eating squirrel cookies made by name-sharing buddies!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #545 on: March 15, 2015, 06:34:21 AM »
I've been hanging around since the last chapter break now so I figured it might finally be time to make that introduction post. I'm bad at these, sorry.  :-[

I'm from Iceland, originally Finnish. I speak Finnish, Icelandic, English and a brain-addling mixture of Swedish and Icelandic, meaning I try my Swedishest but Icelandic slips in here and there regardless (I can usually tell by the look on my Swedish friends' faces that something I just said made exactly zero sense)(I also make other hilarious mistakes in Swedish)(jag svimmade hela sommaren). I write a gratuitous amount of sub-par fanfic, study Medieval sagas, try to learn more languages (Japanese, French) and knit a LOT. I found SSSS by following an interesting link from... somewhere... tumblr maybe, and got stuck on both the awesome story and the fandom that's unlike any fandom I've ever been to before! So er hi all and nice to meet you!  :)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #546 on: March 15, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »
I've been hanging around since the last chapter break now so I figured it might finally be time to make that introduction post. I'm bad at these, sorry.  :-[

I'm from Iceland, originally Finnish. I speak Finnish, Icelandic, English and a brain-addling mixture of Swedish and Icelandic, meaning I try my Swedishest but Icelandic slips in here and there regardless (I can usually tell by the look on my Swedish friends' faces that something I just said made exactly zero sense)(I also make other hilarious mistakes in Swedish)(jag svimmade hela sommaren). I write a gratuitous amount of sub-par fanfic, study Medieval sagas, try to learn more languages (Japanese, French) and knit a LOT. I found SSSS by following an interesting link from... somewhere... tumblr maybe, and got stuck on both the awesome story and the fandom that's unlike any fandom I've ever been to before! So er hi all and nice to meet you!  :)

Yessss more fanfic writers! :D Welcome!!!!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #547 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
oh um wow hello

Anyway uh actual introduction yes. Haiz, 20 years old, Norwegian/Czech; Norway-dwelling (I might add tiny flags in the signature thing later I guess. are there even czech flags?), kinda genderless.
I'm currently an art history student, I draw a lot, used to write a lot, I travel a lot (I've been to most of the european countries at this point???), I'm in a historical archery club, aaand I play folk music on violin (not very well). I have a bit of viking cred in form of an outfit, viking market attendance, and a runestone in our garden. I'm scared of the future and of being an adult. I like cartoons, webcomics and pokémon. I'm really drawn to postapocalyptic fantasy settings, especially those who are all back-to-origins/restarting society, but I'm not a fan of zombies. SO YEAH that's me nice to meet you
Hey! You'll find plenty of Norwegians here actually. Well, maybe not right now, but at least part of the time. You're the first Czech person to make themselves known thus far, at least as far as I can recall. Stick around long enough and maybe that will change.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
Hey! You'll find plenty of Norwegians here actually. Well, maybe not right now, but at least part of the time. You're the first Czech person to make themselves known thus far, at least as far as I can recall. Stick around long enough and maybe that will change.

Hi!! I'm not surprised about the amount of norwegians, it's like we're drawn to anything with norway in it... I may have made my czech friend read ssss (or at least start to) but also caused more norwegian readers in the process. Woops. I'm so hipster I don't have all the flags yet

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
Hey there!

Ive been following SSSS pretty much from the day it started, found it accidentally through some ads somewhere, best miss-click in my life for sure.  I still haven't read A Retail's dream however.

Also, I like doodling stuff, and Roguelikes.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2015, 11:16:10 PM »
o vo)/
Greetings fandom comrades! After lurking for a good month or so I have finally dragged myself into the light. e ve)b
So...I've heard tell of a cookie-gun initiation? //grabs helmet and cookie-catching net//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #551 on: March 15, 2015, 11:31:28 PM »
o vo)/
Greetings fandom comrades! After lurking for a good month or so I have finally dragged myself into the light. e ve)b
So...I've heard tell of a cookie-gun initiation? //grabs helmet and cookie-catching net//

Hi hi! The cookie-gun is a new thing, I don't believe I've tested it here on the forum. It's currently empty from pelting you in the comments, but if you'd like more, please refer to my previous posts in this thread. There's always lots of extras!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #552 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »
Hi hi! The cookie-gun is a new thing, I don't believe I've tested it here on the forum. It's currently empty from pelting you in the comments, but if you'd like more, please refer to my previous posts in this thread. There's always lots of extras!

Yes, thank you! x3
Everyone's been so nice and welcoming on my first day in the comments (and now here, as well). Thanks everyone! TT vTT

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2015, 12:05:53 AM »
Yes, thank you! x3
Everyone's been so nice and welcoming on my first day in the comments (and now here, as well). Thanks everyone! TT vTT

Welcome!

This is far cruder and than the Piney-version but until she reloads it might at least keep you alive!

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ghostplops

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »
Heyoo!
I go by Snaketoes, Ghostplops, sometimes Vonwaffle and/or Beatrix, I'm the spoop doops, professional internet potato chip.
I just turned 21 a few months ago, and if you count sitting around and playing video games moderately drunk as a coming of age because that's what I did, PARTY.
I'm not educated beyond high school (don't go down that path if you can avoid it!) I currently live on THE SUN aka California with my significant other, but I'm from Oregon. I miss trees. And water. Right now I am a receptionist, p cool riiight? But ultimately I want to become an artist of some sort, a tattoo artist, a concept artist (but the video game industry is kinda awful, so probably not haha), start a webcomic of my own, I have some neat ideas! Or maybe if I can ever dig up a pile of money go to college for mechanical engineering, oh I also have a hankering to learn coding. There's an inane amount of things I want to do, I have no attention span so I need a clone or two methinks.
Other things I like to do: Watch old horror movies, watch weird old anime, watch weird not-so-old anime, play a lot of video games, cry over Dragon Age and cry at myself for playing Destiny continuously.

Anyway that's enough about my stanky life! I discovered SSSS through an add during a webcomic binge and clicked it because the art looked very pretty! I am so glad I did, because I'm in deep, thank you advertising! *u*

Ahh it's nice to meet you all, I will try to be talkative but I am quite anxious and shy AND IT'S BAD.
*Carl Sagan voice* BILLIONS