Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580876 times)

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2015, 05:06:36 PM »
Hello!
Forums have always been Greek to me, but I suppose I'll be joining the discussion anyway  :) . Too many opportunities to miss.
I'm finnish all the way, and younger than Lalli by a few years.
Mother tongue Finnish, fluent English, get-by Swedish, somewhat Latin, and only the very basics Italian.

No idea what to say here... I'm in high school (in the sense not in university yet), and suffering from chronic lack of motivation. I'm in way too many fandoms and can't even keep track of them.  :'(
Read ARTD last summer as a friend ordered requested it.Oh and as we all know it was very nice. And now recently I ended up going through Hiveworks comics pages and spotted something that looked somewhat interesting. Now I'm here.  ;)

I am a mass consumer of fanfiction, although I seem to be unable to create any. I also very much like AUs. Even some strange ones.... :-X And so for art forms my primary art form is something like fan videos, AMVs, slide shows... Secondary fan art which I'll probably post if I get something decent done, and then there's cosplay. We will see...  ;)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »
Hello!
Forums have always been Greek to me, but I suppose I'll be joining the discussion anyway  :) . Too many opportunities to miss.
Mother tongue Finnish, fluent English, get-by Swedish, somewhat Latin, and only the very basics Italian.

No idea what to say here... I'm in high school (in the sense not in university yet), and suffering from chronic lack of motivation. I'm in way too many fandoms and can't even keep track of them.  :'(
Read ARTD last summer as a friend ordered requested it.Oh and as we all know it was very nice. And now recently I ended up going through Hiveworks comics pages and spotted something that looked somewhat interesting. Now I'm here.  ;)

I am a mass consumer of fanfiction, although I seem to be unable to create any. I also very much like AUs. Even some strange ones.... :-X And so for art forms my primary art form is something like fan videos, AMVs, slide shows... Secondary fan art which I'll probably post if I get something decent done, and then there's cosplay. We will see...  ;)

Welcome! We've got a thread for discussing/posting fanfics right over here. So far most of them have been collected over on AO3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2015, 06:51:49 PM »
Hello!

Welcome! Enjoy your stay! Could I interest you in some

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2015, 01:37:00 AM »
Thank you!  ;D I'm always the one for cookies!

TooMuchAFan

• Super-Newbie
  • THIS PAGE HAS BEEN LEFT BLANK DELIBERATELY
« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2015, 05:56:38 PM »
Hi!

I've posted a couple of things but haven't introduced myself. I have the same name on Disqus and I might be the youngest reader on the forum (12)

I like to read the discussions on the forum without actually posting anything, so I'm familiar with most of the veterans.

*stalking you*
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

boring monoglot

Survived: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2015, 06:30:57 PM »
Hi!

Welcome to the forum! :)
Please, feel yourself at home, have cookies and some fruit juice, stalk the vete... Huh?! O__O

*looks around suspiciously*
*sees cats, books, lynch mob with pitchforks and torches, alien entity scurrying back to the mouse hole, mug of tea on the desk*
*eyes the tea, and hopes that it won't look back*

Heh. You had me worried for a second.
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
Hello,I'm KicknRun and after lurking for like 2 weeks I made an account. Also, I'm an American. (Both my parents are Haitian, but I can't speak a word.

You'll be seeing me and my awful writing in the Scriptorium soon,hopefully.
(And I'm 12 too,don't worry young person.)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #397 on: February 22, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »
Hi there new people, old or young, enjoy your stay and have fun in the forum! :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2015, 07:17:39 PM »
People of youth,
People of old,
Have some cookies!
Welcome aboard!

No srsly, Piney hands out cookies to everyone :D
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2015, 07:51:41 PM »
Hello,I'm KicknRun and after lurking for like 2 weeks I made an account. Also, I'm an American. (Both my parents are Haitian, but I can't speak a word.

Welcome!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2015, 08:14:32 PM »
Hi!

I've posted a couple of things but haven't introduced myself. I have the same name on Disqus and I might be the youngest reader on the forum (12)

I like to read the discussions on the forum without actually posting anything, so I'm familiar with most of the veterans.

*stalking you*

See my previous post in this thread for the complementary welcome cookies :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #401 on: February 23, 2015, 02:31:24 AM »
Just a heads up... this is Jenna who posted earlier in the week, and I've decided to go with a different handle, Peraphelion. (my preferred pronunciation is Pear-uh-feel-eon) So any future posts will be going under that name.  ;)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2015, 03:13:49 AM »
Just a heads up... this is Jenna who posted earlier in the week, and I've decided to go with a different handle, Peraphelion. (my preferred pronunciation is Pear-uh-feel-eon) So any future posts will be going under that name.  ;)

Ahh, so *that's* who that new name corresponds to!   :)  Welcome again.
So in your orbit, are you at the *closest* or *furthest* point from the sun? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2015, 04:41:13 AM »
Having twelve year olds joining is making me feel very old XD.

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
welcome to all :D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: