Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580807 times)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »
Hello, SSSS Veterans!

I started posting guest comments as DaveBro, which apparently messed up actually registering under that userid for Disqus.   I introduced myself as D. Weg a couple of pages back, then realized I could get closer to my preferred handle--so now I am ReturnOfDaveBro!  (Friendlier than RevengeOfDaveBro, more geneaologically correct than SonOfDaveBro.)   

I found SSSS via one of its ads.  I am from the Georgia in the USA, retired from the Army Reserve, working as a traffic engineer, reading webcomics and pursuing a couple of musical hobbies.  The hobbies include playing flute in the Seed & Feed Marching Abominable, as well as occasionally accompanying singers at housefilks & conventions, plus singing, myself.  (Filk is the folk music of SF & Fantasy fandom; more participatory than Wizard Rock (Potterverse), for instance.)  I am 0.85 Tronds.

Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Lallipop

« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2015, 08:15:10 AM »
Not sure if I introduced myself yet but whatever.

Hey! My name's Madison, though I prefer being called Park, Allegra, or if you must, Madi. I'm 19, an INTP, a gir1gaym3r, and from Montana, USA. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't ride my horse to school. I don't even go to school (though I will in September, ugh). Or have a horse.

Speaking of school, I think I'm going to major in forestry or ecology. I haven't decided yet. I enjoy working with animals and being away from the human population, so...yeah.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon SSSS to be honest.  :-[ But I do know that it's latched onto me as a fandom, so there's that.

My interests are, in order:

Attack on Titan:
Been a fan since October of 2013. I'm caught up with the manga and anxiously wait for each new chapter. Ymir and Armin are my favorite characters! So deep in the fandom I'm at the ocean floor. I'm known as Jeantron on the subreddit.

The Creatures: Been a fan for almost 4 years now! Very first video I ever watched was Nova's Game of Life video in 2011. I'm a massively active fan even if I don't usually talk about them on my Tumblr blog. I watch their videos everyday. However, I'm not subscribed to Dex, Kevin, Jordan or Sp00n. (I have nothing against the last two, mind you. I'm just subbed to too many people as is.) My favorite Creatures are Nova, Seamus, and Immortal.

Vinesauce: I don't even know what to say about Vinesauce. Been a fan since January of last year and am very active on the site. Or rather, the Chatango chat. I usually only watch Vinny live but I like Joel, Limes, and Imakuni as well, but just usually don't get the chance to watch their streams live. I'm known as GirafficPark.

Vidya Games:
There's really no videogame where I can say I'm in the fandom of, but I definitely love video games. Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon ORAS/XY, Tomodachi Life, and the Sims are the games I play the most. I play all of them almost every day. Except for the sims, of which I haven't played in months but used to be a huge fan of.

Music: Self explanatory. I pride myself for my extensive and diverse collection of music. I'm listening to music from the second I get onto the computer and the time I get off, which is like...12 hours. I'm someone who likes a few songs by an artist but am not really a fan of the artist, however if I had to name musicians that I listen to the most or listen to more than one song by them, it'd be: of Verona, Orange Caramel, Grimes, Matthew Perryman Jones, Kimbra, and a fustercluck of 80s rock bands? I guess?

Hetalia: Nowhere near as into Hetalia ever since Attack on Titan came into the picture, however I was a die hard fan of Hetalia since 2009. Like, die die die hard. I know all of the fandom jokes, all of the artists, all the AMVs...yeah. Obsessed is an understatement. While I'm much more of a casual now, feel free to talk to me about it! I still enjoy it.

Other things include KPOP and cats. I'm active in KPOP in the sense that I listen to it all the time, but because of the horrible KPOP industry and some of the fans, I usually don't interact with many fans. With that being said, my fave groups are Orange Caramel and...Orange Caramel. Though I listen to a loooot of other groups, Orange Caramel is the only one I can truly consider myself a fan of. SISTAR is getting there, though. Former fan of SNSD and BigBang, and special shoutout to Lessang, Lim Kim, AKMU, and Ulala Session.

Cats are infinite. They need no explanation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:20:00 AM by Lallipop »

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »

Hey! My name's Madison, though I prefer being called Park, Allegra, or if you must, Madi. I'm 19, an INTP, a gir1gaym3r, and from Montana, USA. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't ride my horse to school. I don't even go to school (though I will in September, ugh). Or have a horse.

Speaking of school, I think I'm going to major in forestry or ecology. I haven't decided yet. I enjoy working with animals and being away from the human population, so...yeah.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon SSSS to be honest.  :-[ But I do know that it's latched onto me as a fandom, so there's that.

My interests are, in order:

Attack on Titan:
Been a fan since October of 2013. I'm caught up with the manga and anxiously wait for each new chapter. Ymir and Armin are my favorite characters! So deep in the fandom I'm at the ocean floor. I'm known as Jeantron on the subreddit.

The Creatures: Been a fan for almost 4 years now! Very first video I ever watched was Nova's Game of Life video in 2011. I'm a massively active fan even if I don't usually talk about them on my Tumblr blog. I watch their videos everyday. However, I'm not subscribed to Dex, Kevin, Jordan or Sp00n. (I have nothing against the last two, mind you. I'm just subbed to too many people as is.) My favorite Creatures are Nova, Seamus, and Immortal.

Vinesauce: I don't even know what to say about Vinesauce. Been a fan since January of last year and am very active on the site. Or rather, the Chatango chat. I usually only watch Vinny live but I like Joel, Limes, and Imakuni as well, but just usually don't get the chance to watch their streams live. I'm known as GirafficPark.

Vidya Games:
There's really no videogame where I can say I'm in the fandom of, but I definitely love video games. Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon ORAS/XY, Tomodachi Life, and the Sims are the games I play the most. I play all of them almost every day. Except for the sims, of which I haven't played in months but used to be a huge fan of.

Music: Self explanatory. I pride myself for my extensive and diverse collection of music. I'm listening to music from the second I get onto the computer and the time I get off, which is like...12 hours. I'm someone who likes a few songs by an artist but am not really a fan of the artist, however if I had to name musicians that I listen to the most or listen to more than one song by them, it'd be: of Verona, Orange Caramel, Grimes, Matthew Perryman Jones, Kimbra, and a fustercluck of 80s rock bands? I guess?

Hetalia: Nowhere near as into Hetalia ever since Attack on Titan came into the picture, however I was a die hard fan of Hetalia since 2009. Like, die die die hard. I know all of the fandom jokes, all of the artists, all the AMVs...yeah. Obsessed is an understatement. While I'm much more of a casual now, feel free to talk to me about it! I still enjoy it.

Other things include KPOP and cats. I'm active in KPOP in the sense that I listen to it all the time, but because of the horrible KPOP industry and some of the fans, I usually don't interact with many fans. With that being said, my fave groups are Orange Caramel and...Orange Caramel. Though I listen to a loooot of other groups, Orange Caramel is the only one I can truly consider myself a fan of. SISTAR is getting there, though. Former fan of SNSD and BigBang, and special shoutout to Lessang, Lim Kim, AKMU, and Ulala Session.

Cats are infinite. They need no explanation.

This... is the most neat and complete introduction if have ever seen D':
Welcome! Have a Piney cookie shower!
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »

[/size]
This... is the most neat and complete introduction if have ever seen D':
Welcome! Have a Piney cookie shower!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Varjohaltia

« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »
The cookie greeting keeps getting better with every new fan.
:finland: Fluent
:usa: Fluent
:germany: Understands
:sweden: Rudimentary
:japan: Horrible

Synthpopalooza

« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
:mexico:  ¡Hola a todos!

:sweden:  Hejsan, alla!

:poland: Czesc wszystkich!

:usa: Hi, everyone!

I was told I should post in here to get squirrel cookies. :)

Another new face here.  About me:  I am from the USA, I have a fascination for 80's music, 80's culture, and I am an electronic musician (who does retro 80's synthpop music under the name Synthetik FM).  I've made a few contacts in the synth music scene who are Swedish, so for fun, I decided to learn a bit of the language.  My recently discovery of the SSSS comic (after finding the excellent language tree graphic on Google) has ignited my interest again.

This should be a lot of fun.
Native language:  :usa:
Hablo un poquito:  :mexico:
Jag försöker lära: :sweden:
Chce, sie, nauczyc': :poland:

Deirdre

« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
Waiting for the cookies, if I might, I'd like to tell that Polish greeting should be "Czesc wszystkim". It's when you say "Hello everyone", though for example "Welcome everyone" is "Witam wszystkich".
(Sorry if I'm being snippy, just a grammar freak, and it might be useful I hope! :D)

Synthpopalooza

« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2015, 05:53:59 PM »
Well, I was going off of google translate for that one, which is notoriously unreliable when translating Polish. :)
Native language:  :usa:
Hablo un poquito:  :mexico:
Jag försöker lära: :sweden:
Chce, sie, nauczyc': :poland:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2015, 06:42:24 PM »
I was told I should post in here to get squirrel cookies. :)

You called?

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
You called?

Omg Piney these are getting better and better XD
I wish they'd been around back when I joined!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2015, 06:53:42 PM »

I wasn't even around when you joined ;)
I need to whip up a few more of these for my arsenal!

Korppi

Somewhat late set of greetings!
« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2015, 01:49:01 AM »
Hello, and apologies for forgetting the formalities.

I've been posting things for a while here and completely forgot to make an introduction thread, so.. oops.

Anyway, I've never been too good at these, so... I am not entirely sure where to start... I was asked why I picked the name/avatar, and the reason for that is as simple as the fact that I just happen to like corvids.

Also, I've been lurking in the RPG thread for a while, because I am somewhat of a fan of pen-and-paper RPGs.

And lastly, I've got an interest in the mythologies of the nordic countries, which fits like a glove with this comic.

Oh, also, you might have figured it from the name, I'm a Finn.

So.. uhh.. Hi!
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :uk:
Terrible At: :sweden:
Trying to Learn: :germany: :russia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
Whooa so apparently I've never introduced myself on here???? Which is weird cause I've been on here for a while. I think this board is rad so I'll join in.

Here goes:

Hi, I'm Am! I'm a youngling (like 3 years younger than lalli) who has been following SSSS since the very first page! I'm just really lazy about commenting. I'm an American girl living in Zambia, going to an international school and learning Mandarin. I really like knitting and other such shenanigans.
It's nice to formally meet all of you! : )
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
You called?
Come to think of it, I never got any of these either. So ...*graciously accepts baking tray*. One for welcoming and six for inflation.

Whooa so apparently I've never introduced myself on here???? Which is weird cause I've been on here for a while. I think this board is rad so I'll join in.

Here goes:

Hi, I'm Am! I'm a youngling (like 3 years younger than lalli) who has been following SSSS since the very first page! I'm just really lazy about commenting. I'm an American girl living in Zambia, going to an international school and learning Mandarin. I really like knitting and other such shenanigans.
It's nice to formally meet all of you! : )
Wait, you went to Zambia of all places in order to learn Mandarin?

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »
I think the living in Zambia and learning Mandarin are probably coincidences.

Also, how come I never got any cookies either?