Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581204 times)

Knokturn

• Super-Newbie
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
Knokturn=Nocturne?

Anyway, hello and welcome! Piney does the cookie showers, enjoy! :D
Or just nocturnal as we all are  :D

Yes! Apparently, that's what happen when your Latin teacher knows that you're a Harry Potter fan and that you're insomniac.

Heyy, another spanish person, I don't think there's many of us around here.. (I might be mistaken of course).

Welcome!

Wohoo! we should join forces and spread the fandom then!

Thank you all for the cookies!
Native: :spain:
Fluent: :uk:
Studying: :sweden:
Lots of it forgotten: :italy: :france:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2015, 07:53:35 AM »
So many people I havent greeted!
welcome all of you :D :D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
So many people I havent greeted!
welcome all of you :D :D
Same here! I haven't checked up on this in a good while.
Welcome to the forum! Hope everyone will have a nice time. ^^
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Quabus

« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
*steps up onto crate of explosives* *clears throat*

Hello everyone! I'm Quabus. I am a 16 year old girl who lives in the northwest United States. I'm really excited that I've finally joined the forum and get to meet all you great people. (Okay, this is sounding really stiff so far. hmm... for some added excitement, I'll just add a small Tuuri-expression of my feelings right now: eeeeeee!)

Anyway, I found this comic really randomly. I was jumping around on twitter several months ago, visiting various comic-writers accounts, and I found Minna's page. I was like, wow, that's a cool drawing style, clicked on the link, and I was hooked! Now I've read SSSS twice plus some various bits, and aRTD once plus some various bits.

I finally joined the comments a couple weeks ago under the username Quabus and for the sake of consistency I had to use that name again here. So I'll give a bit of background here, I guess. My real name is Clare, and when I was really little my parents started calling me Clarebo, and then some of my friends modified that into Quaybo, and now my younger sister often calls me Quabus. So now you know - in case you were wondering, or just like knowing the etymology of random non-words.

I have lots of opinions about the comic by now, so you'll hopefully see me start popping up all over the forum.
See you around!

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Quabus. I am a 16 year old girl who lives in the northwest United States. I'm really excited that I've finally joined the forum and get to meet all you great people. (Okay, this is sounding really stiff so far. hmm... for some added excitement, I'll just add a small Tuuri-expression of my feelings right now: eeeeeee!)

Anyway, I found this comic really randomly. I was jumping around on twitter several months ago, visiting various comic-writers accounts, and I found Minna's page. I was like, wow, that's a cool drawing style, clicked on the link, and I was hooked! Now I've read SSSS twice plus some various bits, and aRTD once plus some various bits.

I finally joined the comments a couple weeks ago under the username Quabus and for the sake of consistency I had to use that name again here. So I'll give a bit of background here, I guess. My real name is Clare, and when I was really little my parents started calling me Clarebo, and then some of my friends modified that into Quaybo, and now my younger sister often calls me Quabus. So now you know - in case you were wondering, or just like knowing the etymology of random non-words.

I have lots of opinions about the comic by now, so you'll hopefully see me start popping up all over the forum.
See you around!

I welcome you to the community, Quabus! *gives you cookies but not in a bribing you to stick around kind of way*
(Also we kinda share a name, mine has an 'i' :) )

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Varjohaltia

« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2015, 08:20:51 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Quabus.

[snip]

See you around!

Yay! Welcome! I'm not sure if we're supposed to offer you cookies, potatoes, or potato cookies, but I'm sure some of the other welcoming committee will already fixed that :-)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:23:21 AM by Varjohaltia »
:finland: Fluent
:usa: Fluent
:germany: Understands
:sweden: Rudimentary
:japan: Horrible

P__

« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »
Yay! Welcome! I'm not sure if we're supposed to offer you cookies, potatoes, or potato cookies, but I'm sure some of the other welcoming committee will already fixed that :-)
cookies. always cookies. forever cookies.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2015, 09:36:22 AM »
cookies. always cookies. forever cookies.
Cookies are gifts, potatoes are currency. And sometimes so are potato cookies.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
Cookies are love, cookies are life
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

P__

« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
I wouldn't mind also using cookies as a currency ::)

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2015, 05:57:31 AM »
Hey I'm Koeshi and I'm from the UK.

I started reading SSSS about 18 months or so ago, I don't really remember.  I think I found it through an ad banner.  As people seem to be listing languages, I speak English and I did study Japanese when I was at university.  Of course since then I have had almost no practice with it and have forgotten most things so I am basically monolingual.  I look forward to getting to know the community that has grown up around this comic, I very rarely read the comments and I never comment myself so this will be the first time talking with you guys.

Now I believe I saw someone mention an RPG thread being around here somewhere....

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Hello! =)

I guess some of you might recognize me from the comment section, but I don't think I've ever introduced myself.

I'm a Swedish girl who started reading SSSS back in November. I found the comic when Minna's language tree was linked on fb and binge read both it and aRTD in one evening/night. I have hardly read any webcomics before and it's a really nice contrast to reading manga! I'm 24 years old and study for a MSE in economics and computer science. I'm currently studying one year abroad in Japan and have studied Japanese for about 4 and a half years. I'm an indoorsy person who like reading, drawing and writing. I have a deviantArt account: http://aquaaurion.deviantart.com/  if anyone is interested =)

I don't know what more to say so just ask me if there's anything xD
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:29:15 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
Hello! =)

I guess some of you might recognize me from the comment section, but I don't think I've ever introduced myself.

I'm a Swedish girl who started reading SSSS back in November. I found the comic when Minna's language tree was linked on fb and binge read both it and aRTD in one evening/night. I have hardly read any webcomics before and it's a really nice contrast to reading manga! I'm 24 years old and study for a MSE in economics and computer science. I'm currently studying one year abroad in Japan and have studied Japanese for about 4 and a half years. I'm an indoorsy person who like reading, drawing and writing. I have a deviantArt account: http://aquaaurion.deviantart.com/  if anyone is interested =)

I don't know what more to say so just ask me if there's anything xD
Didn't think I would say this (as a Norwegian) but I'm glad we're getting some Swedes here finally. So welcome to the forum.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Didn't think I would say this (as a Norwegian) but I'm glad we're getting some Swedes here finally. So welcome to the forum.

I'm happy that I can be of some use xD I had no idea Swedes were scarce here.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
Welcome, new members! *gives out cookies, naturally*

and binge read both it and aRTD in one evening/night.

*is very impressed* I wonder if there's a record for this...