Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581063 times)

katelion

• Super-Newbie
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:19 PM »
Hello all!
I've been reading the comics since this fall, but today's update plus school work forced me out of my lurking.
I'm Tuuri's age, and live in one of the coldest regions of the US. I'm studying getting my bachelors in History, along with minors in Sociology and Chinese. I'm obsessed with traveling, and attempting new languages. I love video games and sports too. INFP. Not sure what else to say.
Excited to get to know you all! \o/
Although I'll probably revert back to lurking depending on how much school work tries to kill me.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »
Hello all!
I've been reading the comics since this fall, but today's update plus school work forced me out of my lurking.
I'm Tuuri's age, and live in one of the coldest regions of the US. I'm studying getting my bachelors in History, along with minors in Sociology and Chinese. I'm obsessed with traveling, and attempting new languages. I love video games and sports too. INFP. Not sure what else to say.
Excited to get to know you all! \o/
Although I'll probably revert back to lurking depending on how much school work tries to kill me.

Hello and welcome! (So many new people recently!) We won't judge you if you revert to lurking :D
I feel that it's now protocol to give you these:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

katelion

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »
Hello and welcome! (So many new people recently!) We won't judge you if you revert to lurking :D

Thanks! I've heard so much about the cookies today :D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:24 PM »

Yes, welcome to katelion, D. Weg, Adrai Thell, and the rest.  So exciting to greet all these newcomers!

As an incentive to contribute, when you reach 100 posts you'll become Safe-Zone Citizens.  This prestigious title is conferred in a glittering ceremony every few weeks in our Fan-Forum Member Lounge.  Cake and coffee are served in true Swedish fika style (along with adult beverages). 

At higher ranks, you can earn Scout whistles (or small, sharp tools) and Ranger spotter-scopes.  Reach 1,000 posts and *you* can become the Ruler of your very own Derelict Airport.  Yes. 

Someday, if and when we ever reach the point of real, face-to-face meetups, the cake and coffee will become tangible things.  Derelict airports... that's up to you. 

Y'all stick around now, you hear?

Sunflower
Forum-Skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Inspector Wallander

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2015, 02:04:11 AM »
Hi!  I'm Inspector Wallander!  (No, I'm not from Ystad, silly!)

Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself!  I've kind of been busy hanign out in the SSSS section.

I am from Wisconsin in the United States, I am of German, Irish, and Norwegian descent.

I can speak English and have a smattering of German that I have mostly forgotten.

I work in a public library.

I discovered SSSS through an article on io9 early in December.  I binge-read the comic in one day and have been hooked ever since.

If you have any other questions, I will take them at this time.
Reader since Dec. 2014 :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
Someday, if and when we ever reach the point of real, face-to-face meetups, the cake and coffee will become tangible things.  Derelict airports... that's up to you.
First rule of meetup airports: Let everyone arrive, then derelict. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

RomanNumeralII

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »
Hello! I'm RomanNumeralII, but you can call me Evan or Roman. I've been a huge fan of SSSS for a few months now, and finally got around to making an account here after introducing the comic to all of my friends. I'm 19 and I live in the USA in Virginia, where I grew up and am now attending college. I love worldbuilding, languages, RPGs (both tabletop and computer RPGs), conlanging, and computers (I'm double majoring in Computer Science and Linguistics). I speak English natively, and have taken five years of German and two years of Arabic. I really need to brush up on German since I haven't had a chance to take any German classes in almost two years now. I really want to learn Russian, Mandarin, and any and all of the Nordic languages, which I hope to do as soon as I can get an opportunity to. I feel like I'm forgetting to mention something, but oh well, this seems like a decent enough introduction!
Native: :usa:
A Little Rusty: :germany:
Learning: (Modern Standard Arabic)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2015, 02:12:39 AM »
Welcome, Roman! I'm from Virginia too, though I'm out of state or college. Dunno if I've ever met another Virginian on the internet, heh :)
Courtesy cookies can be found above.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Knokturn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:12 AM »
Hi! I’m Knokturn! (just a silly nickname). I started Reading SSSS last fall, after I found it while re-reading A Redtail’s Dream, but I hadn’t thought about registering here until now (or dared to do it).
I’m a Spanish 19 year old girl, currently studying a Criminology degree, and Swedish at an academy. Also I’m quite fluent in English, and understand French and Italian. My passions are reading and writing, music, travelling, videogames, and water sports.
Not sure what else say, just that I’m excited to be here and that I’ll try to be active! :D
Native: :spain:
Fluent: :uk:
Studying: :sweden:
Lots of it forgotten: :italy: :france:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »
Hi! I’m Knokturn! (just a silly nickname). I started Reading SSSS last fall, after I found it while re-reading A Redtail’s Dream, but I hadn’t thought about registering here until now (or dared to do it).
I’m a Spanish 19 year old girl, currently studying a Criminology degree, and Swedish at an academy. Also I’m quite fluent in English, and understand French and Italian. My passions are reading and writing, music, travelling, videogames, and water sports.
Not sure what else say, just that I’m excited to be here and that I’ll try to be active! :D

Knokturn=Nocturne?

Anyway, hello and welcome! Piney does the cookie showers, enjoy! :D
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »
Do I now?

Rha

« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »

Heyy, another spanish person, I don't think there's many of us around here.. (I might be mistaken of course).

Welcome!
Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »
Knokturn=Nocturne?

Or just nocturnal as we all are  :D

Albrand

• Part-Time Paladin
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
Hallo.

I'm Albrand, 25 years of age and a Combat Medic in the U.S. Army. My interests outside of work include Western Martial Arts/Historical European Martial Arts, with which I'm no master nor anything to scoff at either. Reading, writing some (admittedly poorly), and any number of sundry nerdy hobbies also included.

Joining this forum after making a few comments on the comment board, figured to throw my hat in.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2015, 09:24:43 PM »
Hallo.

I'm Albrand, 25 years of age and a Combat Medic in the U.S. Army. My interests outside of work include Western Martial Arts/Historical European Martial Arts, with which I'm no master nor anything to scoff at either. Reading, writing some (admittedly poorly), and any number of sundry nerdy hobbies also included.

Joining this forum after making a few comments on the comment board, figured to throw my hat in.

Welcome, Albrand!  (And thanks for your service.  We'll look to you for commentary on Mikkel's work and other military issues.)

I'm glad you spelled out what WMA and HEMA stand for.  Those terms kept showing up in posts I was copying to the Forum... and now I know why!

See you 'round the SSSS fandom.

- Sunflower
Forum-Skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: