Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581413 times)

Sevseres

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4440 on: March 26, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
Yeah you’re right Jitter, sorry about that. But I added it to the signature now. nefnef was a placeholder name since I didn’t thought I would really be here to stay. I use sevseres more often on the internet so it feels more natural this way :’)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 11:14:03 AM by sevseres »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4441 on: March 26, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
Oh, it’s ok to change! No problem :) Just easier for people to mention it for a while.

And you are not leaving, you know that right?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Sevseres

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4442 on: March 26, 2021, 11:29:55 AM »
It’s all because of you finns and your nasty pagan spells! A mere peasant such as I can only dream the light of the day...
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Songbird

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • 10g of fluff and pointy edges
« Reply #4443 on: March 26, 2021, 02:37:05 PM »
I see wave addressed the cookie question, but I don't think anyone explained the dream ducks. Voila! (Spoilered to avoid clutter)

Spoiler: show

We have Mirasol to thank for the definitive origin story of the squirrel cookies.  (That's official, says me.)
*takes the opportunity to pass some around to all our new folk*

Haha thanks, now I can die in peace!

It’s all because of you finns and your nasty pagan spells! A mere peasant such as I can only dream the light of the day...

So you want sunlight? Come down here to the tropics where legends claim Autumn already started, and despair! >:D

tzelly

• Preferred pronouns: She/They
« Reply #4444 on: March 26, 2021, 03:13:44 PM »
Hello

I've already started discussing on another forum and I'm actually surprised to find such a nice community here! I get easily intimidated by most social environments (internet or irl), but so far I like it here  :)

So.. introductions, I'm Tzelly, I live on the American west cost and was a long time silent fan of Minna since around 2013, her art inspired me to continue my dream as an artist and story teller. Not that I have much to show for it but I am still striving!

I hope everyone is safe and well where you are at!  ^-^

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4445 on: March 26, 2021, 03:21:07 PM »
Hello, tzelly!

From one newbie to another: Welcome! :)
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4446 on: March 26, 2021, 03:54:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum tzelly!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #4447 on: March 26, 2021, 04:28:57 PM »
I've already started discussing on another forum and I'm actually surprised to find such a nice community here! I get easily intimidated by most social environments (internet or irl), but so far I like it here  :)

I think we're a pretty friendly bunch! Don't be shy.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Engelszorn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #4448 on: March 26, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »
Hey, I'm new here - don't know if I'll stick around since it's been a while since I posted in a fandom forum and it feels a bit weird after all those years ^^; I've been reading SSSS since oh boy.. at least 2016 if not earlier. Never posted comments, I'm great lurking! I'm also a wannabe comic-artist and I'm from germany, nice to meet you all :)

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4449 on: March 26, 2021, 09:11:53 PM »
I came over here a couple of days ago as a guest just to see how everybody was unpacking their responses to Minna's new short comic. It's been really interesting, there are a lot of good conversations to be had about it! Somebody else asked about a reprint of aRTD, and as a serial lurker on Minna's art streams, I had an answer -- so I've created an account and here I am now! Congratulations, your trap worked perfectly.

Not sure if I'll make many appearances in this forum, but I feel like I know you guys well enough from the comments and the Lovely People thread that I should say hi! I'm from Maine, way up in the northeastern corner of the US. I think I found Minna through the language tree poster she made back in 2014-ish? She inspired me to start learning Scandinavian languages (I was, and am, lazy, and love the idea that knowing one of them means you more or less know three of them) and her art streams kept me constant company while writing and re-writing (and re-re-writing) code for my thesis last year. I have an MSc in physics and am currently an instructor at a couple of different state universities. Also I like webcomics. Hello everybody!
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4450 on: March 26, 2021, 09:15:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Engelszorn and SkyWhalePod! Now I'm starting to wonder, am I putting myself at a disadvantage by deliberately avoiding the bunny thread?

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4451 on: March 26, 2021, 09:19:36 PM »
Hey, I'm new here - don't know if I'll stick around since it's been a while since I posted in a fandom forum and it feels a bit weird after all those years ^^; I've been reading SSSS since oh boy.. at least 2016 if not earlier. Never posted comments, I'm great lurking! I'm also a wannabe comic-artist and I'm from germany, nice to meet you all :)

Es ist gut dich zu treffen, fellow lurker! :D
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4452 on: March 26, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »
Welcome, EngelsZorn and SkyWhalePod! :)

Now I'm starting to wonder, am I putting myself at a disadvantage by deliberately avoiding the bunny thread?

As someone who has contributed to that thread, I have to say it's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster although everyone's being really decent and polite.
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4453 on: March 26, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Engelszorn and SkyWhalePod! Now I'm starting to wonder, am I putting myself at a disadvantage by deliberately avoiding the bunny thread?

I think that's entirely up to you. I went there because I wanted to see if other people could articulate the things I was feeling after having read it -- there was definitely that, and then a lot of other interesting stories and comments on top of that. For what it's worth, it's fairly civil! I'm of the opinion that this is a really valuable moment for everybody on both sides to hear stories they might not normally be exposed to. An exercise in empathy. Really useful skill to practice right now.

But if you don't want to fall down that rabbit hole (no pun intended) then that's totally understandable. :)

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4454 on: March 26, 2021, 09:36:10 PM »
But if you don't want to fall down that rabbit hole (no pun intended) then that's totally understandable. :)
I'm relatively new myself, but I'm gonna just hop in with this - in case you haven't noticed this group intends their puns! Always, near as I can tell. :)