Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580867 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4380 on: March 22, 2021, 04:28:41 AM »
Nice to see you, Catbirds!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4381 on: March 22, 2021, 05:38:19 AM »
Welcome back, catbirds! Hope you stay this time!

blabo

« Reply #4382 on: March 22, 2021, 03:11:18 PM »
Hello everybody! This is my introduction post.  :)

I discovered SSSS a few years ago and fell in love with the art, the story and the worldbuilding. I sporadically read the comments on disqus and browse this forum - though I never contributed myself - and noticed how friendly and engaging the fan community is.

Today I decided to visit this forum again, and yes, it was because of Lovely People. Reading Minna's latest short novel left me quite confused, and I was really happy to find a very mature, respectful and insightful discussion about it on this message board. The odd sense of detachment I was left with was compensated by a strong feeling of connection to some of the contributions I've read. I'm not sure I'll contribute to the thread myself, but I thought that since I've spent some time reading its content the polite thing to do would be to join the forum and at least say hello. :)

About me: I was born and raised in Italy, but spent most of my adult life in Norway. At the moment I happen to be living in Germany.
:it: + :gb: / :no: (anstendig) / :dk: (vil svare på norsk) / :fr: (un peu) / :nl: (een klein beetje)

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4383 on: March 22, 2021, 03:15:23 PM »
Hello everybody! This is my introduction post.  :)

I discovered SSSS a few years ago and fell in love with the art, the story and the worldbuilding. I sporadically read the comments on disqus and browse this forum - though I never contributed myself - and noticed how friendly and engaging the fan community is.

Today I decided to visit this forum again, and yes, it was because of Lovely People. Reading Minna's latest short novel left me quite confused, and I was really happy to find a very mature, respectful and insightful discussion about it on this message board. The odd sense of detachment I was left with was compensated by a strong feeling of connection to some of the contributions I've read. I'm not sure I'll contribute to the thread myself, but I thought that since I've spent some time reading its content the polite thing to do would be to join the forum and at least say hello. :)

About me: I was born and raised in Italy, but spent most of my adult life in Norway. At the moment I happen to be living in Germany.

No way, you are an Italian too? Me too!

Welcome tot his amazing forum!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4384 on: March 22, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
benvenuto/welcome blabo

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2021, 05:41:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum blabo!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4386 on: March 23, 2021, 12:07:07 AM »
Welcome to the fan forum, Blabo! It's good to have you here, even if it's at a bit of a weird time in the fandom, and I'm glad you've found the discussions here to be helpful with processing Minna's new comic.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4387 on: March 23, 2021, 12:39:10 AM »
Blabo, welcome to the Forum.  I hope you will find much of interest in the Forum, and that you can have a good and peaceful time here!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4388 on: March 23, 2021, 12:56:03 AM »
I should probably introduce myself, since I've already posted ... elsewhere.

I have sometimes posted in the Commentariat. I'm Tarnagh Mythandrone on Disqus. I've tried my hand a few times at poetry on comics that inspired me to try. I'm nowhere nearly as good or as prolific as The Regular Poets but I always enjoy reading them. :)

I live in Maine, in the United States. I don't speak any other languages, and I consider that a lack because I've always wanted to learn but never had a real opportunity to try. Perhaps I'll pick up a little here. I don't know how prolific of a poster I'll end up being here but I definitely want to continue to keep company with you wonderful people even if I don't often have much to say.

I first saw Minna's Language Tree as a post someone had made ... on Facebook, I think. I went looking for the origins of it and discovered a Whole Entire Comic! Very exciting stuff ... I plowed through to current (at the time) on SSSS and then went back and read aRDT, and then resigned myself to waiting for updates on SSSS. I've been reading for two or three years, I guess.

Recent Developments have made me think that being more involved with this forum may be a good idea, so here I am. Hello, Everyone! :)
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

mate888

« Reply #4389 on: March 23, 2021, 01:37:05 AM »
Just found out this exists because even though I've been reading SSSS since like 2018 and the fan forum thing had always been there I'm completely blind.
So hi I'm mate888 I'm from the world's butt also known as Argentina, I speak Spanish and English fluently, I can speak and read some Portuguese, I struggle at French and I can say a few words in Guarani.
I really liked SSSS's (so many s) art and worldbuilding and will probably check out other projects Minna goes with like the cute bunny comic everyone seems to be loving.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4390 on: March 23, 2021, 02:12:52 AM »
welcome Tarnagh ond mate888

Sevseres

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4391 on: March 23, 2021, 03:22:20 AM »
Welcome everyone. Hope you enjoy it here once the dust settles in.
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4392 on: March 23, 2021, 03:28:48 AM »
Welcome Tarnagh and Mate888! I hope you both can settle in happily once the current furore has somewhat abated. And Mate, is that username from ‘mate’ as in good buddy or friend, or ‘mate’ as in the delicious tea from your part of the world? Or both?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

blabo

« Reply #4393 on: March 23, 2021, 04:55:46 AM »
Thank you all for your warm welcome :)
:it: + :gb: / :no: (anstendig) / :dk: (vil svare på norsk) / :fr: (un peu) / :nl: (een klein beetje)

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4394 on: March 23, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »
Welcome, blabo, Tarnagh and mate888! So great to see you come! It is always an amazing feeling to see new people come in!  ;D :tuuri:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿