Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581021 times)

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4365 on: March 19, 2021, 03:22:24 AM »
Corvo, you may find some interesting and friendly conversations on the languages board. I have only a very little Italian, most of my Italian vocabulary being botanical, culinary or very basic conversation. I can read a bit more, enough to read poetry, song lyrics and botanical texts, but not much more than that. I am sure you will find people here to talk to. By the way, do you know the work of Adel Angelica Brewer, another Italian writer, who is both a good writer and a thoroughly sweet person? I recommend her autobiographical work ‘Seventy Thousand Camels’.

Actually no, I don't know her.

However, now that you've mentioned her, I think I'll look for her novel.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4366 on: March 19, 2021, 06:31:03 AM »
She married an Australian and lives here, and you may also have heard of her in musical circles - she and her mother were both opera singers.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4367 on: March 20, 2021, 10:00:50 AM »
Hey Corvo, nice to meet you.
I also like Dishonored very much.
Native: :de: (:ch:), Ok: :gb:, Rusty: :fr:, A bit: :ru:

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4368 on: March 20, 2021, 10:59:58 AM »
Hey Corvo, nice to meet you.
I also like Dishonored very much.

Really? That's amazing!

Want to discuss it and maybe something else?

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4369 on: March 20, 2021, 03:27:47 PM »
*blush* erm I’ll try, I’d love to talk about it, but don’t know where to start :-[. I guess I liked playing the magical vigilante. It occured to me, that Dishonored and SSSS have a similar setting concerning the plague, technology level and the fact that there’s some magic around. Although they differ heavily on politics, story etc.

I find the moral problems that were posed interesting: whom to help? Poison the Bottlestreet Gang for more runes? Killing Slackjaw or Granny Rags? What is worse or more fitting: being killed or being socially outcast and thus mentally violated (concerning the non-violent options)? Actual question to you: do you try to adhere to some morals when playing RPGs or do you ignore them and just do what gives you most fun or the best gear?

I only played the first game, and found it a piece of art. Oh look, I said something. ^-^

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4370 on: March 20, 2021, 03:50:45 PM »
*blush* erm I’ll try, I’d love to talk about it, but don’t know where to start :-[. I guess I liked playing the magical vigilante. It occured to me, that Dishonored and SSSS have a similar setting concerning the plague, technology level and the fact that there’s some magic around. Although they differ heavily on politics, story etc.

I find the moral problems that were posed interesting: whom to help? Poison the Bottlestreet Gang for more runes? Killing Slackjaw or Granny Rags? What is worse or more fitting: being killed or being socially outcast and thus mentally violated (concerning the non-violent options)? Actual question to you: do you try to adhere to some morals when playing RPGs or do you ignore them and just do what gives you most fun or the best gear?

I only played the first game, and found it a piece of art. Oh look, I said something. ^-^

Let's just say that I really enjoy maintaining morals and doing good deeds, even without rewards.

Question for you: what is the moment in SSSS that you liked the most?

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4371 on: March 21, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »
I liked Iceland a lot, because there everyone was safe and happy, and it was just peaceful until Onni left.
But the single moment I liked the most was before the acid bugs attacked, (adv. 2, p. 231 to p. 235). Lots of cute Reynir with Kitty (Minna drew him darker eyebrows during that scene, and I like a lot how it looks), a peaceful and funny scene. And lots of fun poems in the comments (especially including p.235).  :reynir:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:31:12 PM by Groupoid »

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4372 on: March 21, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »
I liked Iceland a lot, because there everyone was safe and happy, and it was just peaceful until Onni left.
But the single moment I liked the most was before the acid bugs attacked, (adv. 2, p. 231 to p. 235). Lots of cute Reynir with Kitty (Minna drew him darker eyebrows during that scene, and I like a lot how it looks), a peaceful and funny scene. And lots of fun poems in the comments (especially including p.235).

Indeed.

catbirds

« Reply #4373 on: March 21, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »
Helloooo...

This is a bit of a re-introduction thread. I was peeweevireo, some of you may have known me as Ei. I'm actually coming back to this forum (after deactivating my account last summer for personal reasons) just because I miss some of the people I knew on tumblr and the Twitch streams. I don't draw SSSS fanart anymore, though, for... reasons currently being discussed in another thread. But I still do art c:

I don't think I chose the best time to come back but I'm glad I recognize some active people!

Not sure if I can contribute to threads much but I hope to message some of you soon!

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4374 on: March 21, 2021, 04:00:57 PM »
Helloooo...

This is a bit of a re-introduction thread. I was peeweevireo, some of you may have known me as Ei. I'm actually coming back to this forum (after deactivating my account last summer for personal reasons) just because I miss some of the people I knew on tumblr and the Twitch streams. I don't draw SSSS fanart anymore, though, for... reasons currently being discussed in another thread. But I still do art c:

I don't think I chose the best time to come back but I'm glad I recognize some active people!

Not sure if I can contribute to threads much but I hope to message some of you soon!

Welcome back. I am Corvo, newbie on this forum.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4375 on: March 21, 2021, 04:04:24 PM »
Welcome catbirds (back).

catbirds

« Reply #4376 on: March 21, 2021, 04:14:04 PM »
Welcome back. I am Corvo, newbie on this forum.

Oh! Hi Corvo! I hope you're liking the forum so far! I read your intro post, this forum's, to my knowledge, a pretty good place to get motivation to learn languages, so you'll enjoy it here.

And thanks moredhel for the re-welcoming

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4377 on: March 21, 2021, 05:19:15 PM »
Welcome back, catbirds! I think I came here later than you were active for the last time, but nice to meet you!  ;D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4378 on: March 21, 2021, 08:33:12 PM »
Welcome back catbirds!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4379 on: March 21, 2021, 09:30:29 PM »
Welcome back catbirds! I do remember your previous manifestation here!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!