Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580842 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4335 on: March 10, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
Welcome to the fan forum, Feya! It's great to have you here.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4336 on: March 11, 2021, 01:13:00 AM »
Feya, it’s not common in my circles but like I said, I’m old :)

I hope it didn’t feel like I was taking a jab at you! It was not meant to make fun of the aesthetics concept, let alone you! I am just fascinated about the idea, even though I don’t really understand what exactly it is. However, goblincore is specific enough that lead me to an aesthetics wiki when googled, maybe I can learn more! One of the chief reasons I love this fandom is how one always learns more from the others!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Feya

• Blue-haired goblin with a shiny rock collection
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4337 on: March 11, 2021, 03:57:04 AM »
Feya, it’s not common in my circles but like I said, I’m old :)

I hope it didn’t feel like I was taking a jab at you! It was not meant to make fun of the aesthetics concept, let alone you! I am just fascinated about the idea, even though I don’t really understand what exactly it is. However, goblincore is specific enough that lead me to an aesthetics wiki when googled, maybe I can learn more! One of the chief reasons I love this fandom is how one always learns more from the others!
No worries, no offense was taken from the very start. I honestly did not expect many people to know something like goblincore even exists. :D
I personally got into it partially through Pathfinder TTRPG, when I started playing a goblin druid and I wanted to get out of the "vile and nasty creature" stereotype, so I was looking for some ideas and ended up falling in love with the aesthetic of cute mushrooms, frogs, snails, misty forests, dew-covered moss and shiny rocks. And then I came to a realization I've been dabbling into this concept my whole life, so I  just rolled with it. ;D

Welcome, Feya, glad to see you.
As for ES online... I'm a bit concerned about your choice. Compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion it's like pan Andrzej compared to Netflix.
While I am personally not much of a fan of Kirkbride's fantasies, I did play and enjoy Oblivion. But MMORPGs with friends have a special place in my heart and ESO is probably the best fantasy one out there. (At least as far as I've tried and heard. The writing of most quests is impeccable and NPCs are fully dubbed. And some of the armor actually looks functional!) But hey, to each their own. ^^
Native: CZ
Fluent: GB/US
Semi-capable: SK, PL, FR
Know some phrases: LAT, JP
Want to learn: SWE

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4338 on: March 13, 2021, 06:48:55 AM »
Umm, late to the party, but welcome to the forum, Feya! I have things I'd like to say, especially about Prequel (UGH) and TES (double UGH), but I don't know how to say them, so I'm not going to say them, so that's it, I guess.

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4339 on: March 17, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »
Hi everyone, and thank you for allowing me to be here today.

Let me introduce myself: I'm Corvo, I'm Italian (living near Milan) and I'm about 24 years old. I'm a writer: in fact I've published some books with Italian publishers and I'm writing other novels that I hope, when I'll have completed, to be able to publish in turn.

I started reading SSSS these days. I discovered it by pure chance, after it was recommended to me by the page of a site I usually frequent, and from the very beginning I felt very attracted to it. After some further research, I discovered this forum, and I took the decision to join in the hope of meeting other fans: from what I've seen so far, it is a very friendly community and I hope to make, in a short time, many friends.

I speak perfectly in both Italian and English, and I can also read in Spanish (although my knowledge of that language is very basic). I would love to learn other languages one day, especially Finnish, a language that has always fascinated me.

My main interests are:

-   Books (both read and write them)
-   Cooking (I really like to experiment in the kitchen)
-   History (among the books I am writing, there is also a historical novel)
-   Travel and cultural exchange through Workaway.
-   Listening to music (especially classical or new-age)
-   Chatting with people I know about common topics and passions
-   Taking photos of landscapes
-   Hanging out with people
-   Roleplay: In particular, I would love to participate in a SSSS Roleplay with an original character (OC); however, first I would like to ask a few questions about both where the roleplay would take place and what is or is not permissible in creating one's character.

I have a Discord account (CorvoAttano#4263), so if you are also on there and want to contact me, you are free to do so...

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4340 on: March 17, 2021, 01:52:50 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, Corvo! It's nice to have you here!

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4341 on: March 17, 2021, 02:23:19 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, Corvo! It's nice to have you here!

Thank you so much for the welcome,RanVor! I hope we can be friends, if not now, at least in the future....

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4342 on: March 17, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
Wellcome, Corvo
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4343 on: March 17, 2021, 02:53:20 PM »

Sevseres

• Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4344 on: March 17, 2021, 03:55:13 PM »
Welcome Corvo! It is indeed such a nice cozy community we have here. Glad you've been enjoying the ride as one can never leave. I dunno about the roleplays, but I can let you know that cool people here have organized a chapter break filler thingie somewhere in the SSSS Board that may interest your writer-ness. I'm just letting you know in case you'd like to catch a prompt! By the way, Is your name actually Corvo Attano, or is that an alias, or are you the protagonist of Dishonored o_O I just wondered since the first one would be a crazy coincidence. Anyway, welcome again, hope we get along! :reynir:

Oh also, welcome to you too Feya. I missed your post before. And thanks for introducing me to goblincore. I loved it! I never thought that sort of vibe had a name. I also realized that aesthetic names should be perfect for looking up art references. Good stuff to know.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:12:41 PM by nefnef »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4345 on: March 17, 2021, 03:56:15 PM »
Benvenuto Corvo.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4346 on: March 17, 2021, 03:59:53 PM »
Welcomes to Feya and Corvo!   :torbjorn: :tuuri:
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4347 on: March 17, 2021, 04:18:39 PM »
Welcome Corvo! It is indeed such a nice cozy community we have here. Glad you've been enjoying the ride as one can never leave. I dunno about the roleplays, but I can let you know that cool people here have organized a chapter break filler thingie somewhere in the SSSS Board that may interest your writer-ness. I'm just letting you know in case you'd like to catch a prompt! By the way, Is your name actually Corvo Attano, or is that an alias, or are you the protagonist of Dishonored o_O I just wondered since the first one would be a crazy coincidence. Anyway, welcome again, hope we get along! :reynir:

Oh also, welcome to you too Feya. I missed your post before. And thanks for introducing me to goblincore. I loved it! I never thought that sort of vibe had a name. I also realized that aesthetic names should be perfect for looking up art references. Good stuff to know.

Thank you for your welcome, nefnef.

To answer your questions: no, my name is not Corvo Attano. I chose this pseudonym both because I'm a big fan of the Dishonored series (I've also written fanfiction about it) and to honor Edgar Allan Poe (one of my favorite writers) and my language at the same time (Corvo in Italian means raven).

For roleplay, I'd like to find (or organize, if it doesn't exist yet) a Discord server where I can do plot-related roleplay. I was also hypothesizing a my OC....

Benvenuto Corvo.

Welcomes to Feya and Corvo!   :torbjorn: :tuuri:

Thanks again for your welcome!

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #4348 on: March 17, 2021, 04:22:28 PM »
Benvenuto Corvo.

Wait... are you Italian too?

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4349 on: March 17, 2021, 04:53:43 PM »
I'm not italian, but I do understand and speak/write a little bit italian.