Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580876 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4290 on: January 30, 2021, 05:16:53 PM »
Welcome Groupoid, Tacosaurus and Noi!
It's great to have you here.

Noi, just look for threads that you are interested and feel free to post. Everybody (and I mean truly everybody) here is friendly and your contributions will be welcomed, you will see.
There are some simple rules, that you can find here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0

In the top right corner next to your username there are two very useful links to show unread posts since last visit and new replies to your posts. I use them many times.
Butter Good! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4291 on: January 30, 2021, 07:32:58 PM »
In the top right corner next to your username there are two very useful links to show unread posts since last visit and new replies to your posts. I use them many times.
Butter Good! :)
I think it depends on the format of the device, grey. My phone doesn’t even show my username there, but the computer does  :?
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4292 on: January 30, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
I think it depends on the format of the device, grey. My phone doesn’t even show my username there, but the computer does  :?
That's a good remark, Annuil. :) The menu adapts to the screen size. If it's too narrow that happens.
But (at least in my phone) if the screen is horizontal those links and the username become visible on the top-right corner, and the main menu shifts from icons to text.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

MagusVerborum

• Super-Newbie
  • Magician of Words
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4293 on: January 30, 2021, 09:37:05 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm MagusVerborum (Magus for short) signing in from Australia mate! I just blitzed through SSSS in like, two weeks as I've been using it to fuel my creativity for some D&D stuff I'm running. Had my first session yesterday in 'The Borderlands' of my homebrew setting, lots of weird plaguey monsters inspired by this comic!

I'm 25, run a radio podcast about murder mystery, and I've read a couple webcomics (El Goonish Shive, Girl Genius) But SSSS is really blowing me away in how much of the storytelling isn't done through dialogue. EGS in particular will have months of content which amounts to one conversation in-universe, and I've been really blown away with how Minna uses the colour palette and subtle gestures and facial expressions to tell the story. It's great. Anyway. I'm excited to see how the story unfolds from here and hopefully satisfy the withdrawal I'm feeling after catching up to the current page aha.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4294 on: January 30, 2021, 10:16:33 PM »
Welcome to the fan forum, Magus! And hi from another Australian, there's a couple of us around here.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

MagusVerborum

• Super-Newbie
  • Magician of Words
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4295 on: January 30, 2021, 10:22:19 PM »
Welcome to the fan forum, Magus! And hi from another Australian, there's a couple of us around here.

Hello!

Yeah I had a look at the Minion Map, which is awesome, I saw like one other Aussie in NSW, so one more than I was expecting!

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #4296 on: January 30, 2021, 11:19:15 PM »
Yay! Hello and welcome, Magus! Nice meeting you!  :'D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #4297 on: January 31, 2021, 06:16:04 AM »
Wow, so many new people lately!

Welcome welcome to Noi and Magus! *Hands out Squirrelcookies :squirrelcookie: to both of them*
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4298 on: January 31, 2021, 07:43:53 AM »
Welcome Magus. I like your avatar.

Wolfdogamer

• Super-Newbie
  • Idk i like music, cats and noodles
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, experimenting with they/them.
« Reply #4299 on: January 31, 2021, 08:53:04 AM »
Helloo I'm Wolfdogamer, more commonly known as Wolf* on the internet! I started reading SSSS sometime in 2019 I think, I came across it in an advert somewhere on the interwebs (On another hiveworks comic page I think, CTC maybe?). I read it from beginning to the (then) latest page, loved it and still do! I'm turning 17 this year and identify as female but have been considering experimenting with they/them pronouns. I live in Aotearoa aka New Zealand but I plan on moving to Australia early next year to live with my bestie.

I made this account a while back but forgot about it and came back to it just now. I made it to get to know more SSSS fans and just enjoy ur company! ;D

For those who may be wondering, the cat in my avatar is Puddy (I chose her name when I was like, 12 aka idiot age) and she is a very neat and tidy little muffin who lives in my drawer and on my sister's bed. She is also the unofficial Recyclying Bin Guard as you can see here, and will dutifully guard the bin till I get home from school ^-^

*shh ik its cringy but I'm not gonna change the name I have on most of my accounts on well, everything on the internet now

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #4300 on: January 31, 2021, 09:32:52 AM »
Welcome Wolf.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #4301 on: January 31, 2021, 11:51:57 AM »
Of course welcome to you too, Wolf! *hands out more cookies :squirrelcookie:*
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4302 on: January 31, 2021, 02:13:17 PM »
Welcome Magus and Wolf! It's great to have you here with us!

Magus, looking forward for that map you mentioned!

Wolf, glad to have you here! We have a bunch of great people from AUS and NZ, so you will feel at home. And Puddy sounds like a lovely name! :)

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4303 on: January 31, 2021, 02:54:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Magus and Wolf!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4304 on: January 31, 2021, 06:10:22 PM »
I've missed out on welcomes and I apologise.  Many helloes to you all. 

Some Minnions bring talents to share from the get-go, others develop after they find inspiration here.  I personally wrote my first fanfiction only a few years ago, in my 50s, for this fandom.  I drew obsessively as a child and sporadically after that, but took it up again after joining this community.  I no longer get wound up about drawing cartoons instead of Ahhht, and have enjoyed applying that to the SSSS universe and beyond.  It's just that sort of accepting community.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior