Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581194 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #4170 on: October 16, 2020, 01:12:20 AM »
Nanashi, hello and welcome! You should be fine here, they are nice folk and have been very patient with my lack of forum skills. And your skills and interests will be very welcome here. I’m a bit of a myth and folklore nerd myself, there are many of us here, and much interesting conversation!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4171 on: October 16, 2020, 04:18:29 AM »
Hello and welcome to you!   :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Do have a good lookee around, and this fandom is blessed with deep amounts of content.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4172 on: October 16, 2020, 05:17:37 AM »
Hello Nanashi! It’s great to have you here! Your art will be very welcome, if or when you feel like sharing it!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #4173 on: October 16, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
Hello and welcome Nanashi Navillus!
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #4174 on: October 16, 2020, 08:24:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Nanashi! It's great to have you here.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #4175 on: October 16, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »
Hi everyone!
I’m new to the forum and not positive on how it all works yet so bear with me, please.
I’ve been reading SSSS since last March, I believe, but I’m a pretty anxious person so I only just joined the forum.
I’m from the Pacific Northwest, and unfortunately I only speak English, though I hope to learn more languages soon. I draw, read, and write, and I’m passionate about mythology and folktales, which is part of what brought me to SSSS in the first place.
Hello Nanashi! Welcome! No need to be anxious, tough. This is a very friendly place! :) We will surely love to see your drawings and written works whenever you share them.

(Isn't it funny/ironic that a place based on a comic full of trolls ends up being the most troll-free that I know?)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4176 on: October 17, 2020, 06:02:38 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, Nanashi person! There's nothing wrong with being anxious, that's like about half of us here.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4177 on: October 17, 2020, 07:43:32 AM »
Welcome welcome, Nanashi! (Hooray, more mythology-nerds!) :))
I think RanVor is quite right about the half-of-us-being-anxious-thing, so no worries. Looking foreward to seing your art and stories!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #4178 on: October 17, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »
a big welcome to you, Nanashi!!!!!!! There are more than a few mythology and folklore enthusiasts around, and your writing and drawing are eagerly awaited  :-))
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

AndrogynousAutarch

• Preferred pronouns: He/ Him/ They
« Reply #4179 on: October 25, 2020, 12:48:09 AM »
I am a College Student from the Philippines.

I love this comic so far after I got into it. I'd been meaning to for a while. I want to get my friends into reading this sometime. It's great.

I'm a big SF (Speculative Fiction) fan and love works that play around with language. I'm actually a bit of a writer who just worked up the desire to actually publish my stuff.

Can anyone guess the context of my username?
The king of all creation fell out of heaven, usurped by a seven headed beast. But the old king shall choose a new, and he will ignite the Third Conquest. He will be flanked by a white and a black flame, His coming will be followed by 108 burning stars. He will bear the terrible heat of the voice in his brow, the mark of his lordliness. He will face the beast—and he will annihilate it.
He will wield the terrible blade of Want, and the pillars of heaven will quake with his coming.
And his name—his

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4180 on: October 25, 2020, 04:09:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum, AndrogynousAutarch! No, I will not guess the context of your username. Good luck to anyone who tries, though.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4181 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:17 AM »
Hello and welcome to the Forum, AndrogynousAutarch! I know what both of the words mean, but have no clue as to the context of the name. Very curious!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #4182 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:25 AM »
Welcome welcome, AndrogynousAutarch!!! While you have inadvertently taught me a new cool word (autarch!), I am not sure what the context of your name might be (do we get to find out even if no one guesses correctly :3?)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4183 on: October 25, 2020, 08:51:56 AM »
Hello and welcome, Androgynous Autarch!

This is a good place to give a try to publishing some of your writing! The fan-fic oriented works go to the SSSS Scriptorium thread on the SSSS board, while other, non-SSSS work is welcome to the Forum Scriptorium thread on the General board!

As for your nickname... I seem to have a vague recollection of someone who is the Autarch in Iain M Banks’ Culture world, but I can’t put my finger on it. Then there’s Gene Wolfe’s Autarch. Is this even close?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

AndrogynousAutarch

• Preferred pronouns: He/ Him/ They
« Reply #4184 on: October 25, 2020, 06:46:16 PM »
Then there’s Gene Wolfe’s Autarch. Is this even close?

You got It!

The Autarch is the leader of the Commonwealth society in Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. His appearance has been described as androgynous. I will say no more for those who might be interested in reading.

Thanks for telling me about the scriptorium! I'll take a nice look at it. Having a good time so far.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:06:04 PM by AndrogynousAutarch »
The king of all creation fell out of heaven, usurped by a seven headed beast. But the old king shall choose a new, and he will ignite the Third Conquest. He will be flanked by a white and a black flame, His coming will be followed by 108 burning stars. He will bear the terrible heat of the voice in his brow, the mark of his lordliness. He will face the beast—and he will annihilate it.
He will wield the terrible blade of Want, and the pillars of heaven will quake with his coming.
And his name—his