Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581054 times)

WyrdGrin

• Æsir/Jumala
  • Background tinkerer.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3810 on: November 13, 2019, 01:39:42 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Please feel free to DM me with admin questions. Now to the bugs thread!

WyrdGrin

• Æsir/Jumala
  • Background tinkerer.
« Reply #3811 on: November 13, 2019, 04:23:41 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum, Wyrd!

Don't worry about being quiet, I've been here for over a year, I still have a newbie status and nobody's called me out on that so far, so it's clearly a non-issue.  ;)

Thanks RanVor. I've been a fan of the comic since 2014. Um. I will admit that this forum is on a hosting account I may or may not have had my name on since middle of 2015. Is that bad? Pretty sure that's bad. Oh well, I am hear to crush faux accounts. I cannot wait to hear their faux lamentations. Faux real.

Welcome, Wyrd! I hope you enjoy being here.

Thanks very much, Róisín!

Welcome to the forums m8. Nice choice with the Gintama avatar.
Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh.

Still need to watch the end of the anime. Much sad. Need a 21 neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon salute.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3812 on: November 13, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »
Thanks RanVor. I've been a fan of the comic since 2014. Um. I will admit that this forum is on a hosting account I may or may not have had my name on since middle of 2015. Is that bad? Pretty sure that's bad. Oh well, I am hear to crush faux accounts. I cannot wait to hear their faux lamentations. Faux real.

May your quest against our faux go smoothly!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

invisiBee

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3813 on: November 16, 2019, 11:42:11 AM »
Hi! First post. I'm Lukas. Swedish.
Started reading SSSS about 4-5 years ago during my "gotta read every webcomic ever" phase, dropped it for like 3 years and caught up again last week.
Haven't been active on a forum since I was 12 so I'm not sure how much I'll end up posting here, but I thought I'd say hi at least!
:sweden:

one day 🇹🇭

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3814 on: November 16, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
Hello and welcome, invisiBee!  We are fortunate that the comic does not age too badly, and that it appeals to all ages, so can be come back to easily.  The Forum's pace has relaxed somewhat from its heyday, but there's still plenty going on.  Have a good nosey!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

invisiBee

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3815 on: November 16, 2019, 05:23:10 PM »
Hello and welcome, invisiBee!
Thanks! It had actually been long enough since i last read the comic that i forgot like 90% of the plot, so it was almost like reading it for the first time again except with 3+ years worth of extra pages this time. (maybe i'm actually super lucky! :0)
I'll definitely show up in the Art Museum but hopefully I won't be too shy to post elsewhere too!
:sweden:

one day 🇹🇭

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3816 on: November 19, 2019, 05:40:57 AM »
Far too long since I've popped in here, so welcome to Temteno, Emily-Rose (*waves in Western Australian*), Tricky, Rinpa, Jitter, ButterscotchBread, Alkia, Akshu, Wyrd, InvisiBee and welcome back Kestrel!

There are actually a number of Australians in the comments and forum. I'm in South Australia, and Purple Wyrm is in WA, I think near Perth.

The inner suburbs to be exact! :)

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3817 on: November 19, 2019, 05:51:07 AM »
Lukas/Invisibee, hello and welcome. Enjoy!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

WillTheYokai

• Super-Newbie
  • Hi, I'm Vilhelm, just call me Will
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #3818 on: November 21, 2019, 02:41:52 PM »
Hi everyone
I'm about to embark on my journey to reading my first webcomic which is Stand Still Stay Silent. I love drawing and comics, but for some reason I've never read a webcomic before idk? I just think it looks very cool and I'm also from Denmark so it's an obvious choice :P. You also all seem really cool and nice, so I wanted to check in and say hi :D

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #3819 on: November 21, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
Hello Will and Lukas!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3820 on: November 22, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »
Welcome, Wyrd! Or, should I say, welcome back! And welcomes to Lukas and Will! Glad you're all here
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

WyrdGrin

• Æsir/Jumala
  • Background tinkerer.
« Reply #3821 on: November 28, 2019, 01:41:34 AM »
Welcome, Wyrd! Or, should I say, welcome back! And welcomes to Lukas and Will! Glad you're all here

Thanks! I was trolling the backend last night for spammy stuff and got spoilered for something huge. Lol. I need to get caught up in a bad way. I'm very much a wait for it to finish so I can binge. Tsk.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3822 on: November 28, 2019, 12:02:37 PM »
Thanks! I was trolling the backend last night for spammy stuff and got spoilered for something huge. Lol. I need to get caught up in a bad way. I'm very much a wait for it to finish so I can binge. Tsk.
If you're waiting for the comic as a whole to finish, you might be waiting quite a while :P Adventure 1 is finished, though, if you're willing to break your binging into chunks!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

donthangdamien

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3823 on: December 08, 2019, 02:44:05 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm a French/Canadian citizen from Canada who's currently in high school. I started reading SSSS early this fall after having it recommended to me on Youtube and was instantly hooked. I started commenting because the community seemed quite friendly and create this profile because I enjoyed interacting with you guys, and I hope to get to know you better.

I currently speak French and English fluently and am learning German and Italian in order to communicate with my non-English speaking relatives, and may attempt to learn Mandarin in the future.

My current interests are baking, reading, coding, and swimming, although I'm not particularly good at any of those. I'm not employed, but I do work a teacher's aide at my school.

Anyways, that's my introduction, so hello everyone!

P.S. My Disqus ID is Damien Hang for anyone who's interested.

Native::canada:
Fluent::france:
Learning::germany: | :italy:
:A2chap05:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #3824 on: December 08, 2019, 04:25:22 AM »
Welcome, Damien!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport