Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580897 times)

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
  • Hello there, I'm Mikkel but dipped in guacamole.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, but hey I'm partial to a vacation
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3630 on: November 30, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
D'awww, y'all are so sweet <3 :'D

Wow so many apostrophes there... Oh well
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Fluent: :canada:
Learning: :japan: :france: :finland: :iceland:
Should've learned by now: :spain:
Also: 🏁

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #3631 on: November 30, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
Hi, y'all wonderful people!
I just realized this thread existed.
I'm Nellie, and I'm terrible at introductions.
I've only been reading SSSS since September-ish, but I'm fully caught up and more than fully invested in the characters/story/fandom. I have not yet read ARTD, which probably makes me an unfaithful Minnion, but I swear I will get there as soon as my life decides to give me enough time to binge another webcomic!

I speak English, and I'm learning Mandarin Chinese and Latin but am nowhere near fluent in either, especially Chinese.
I love Lalli (well, I love everyone of our main characters) with all my heart and I will never recover from Tuuri.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3632 on: November 30, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
D'awww, y'all are so sweet <3 :'D

Wow so many apostrophes there... Oh well

But...thankyouthankyou for not spelling it as "apostrophe's"  gaaaaa  (Why yes, I am an apostrophe stickler.  Useful leeetle buggers, in their proper place.)

And welcomes to Nellie!  }hugs{
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3633 on: November 30, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »
Hi Nellie! I've seen you in the comments. Welcome.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
« Reply #3634 on: November 30, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »
WOAH NELLIE
(I am truly sorry, but someone had to do it)
Welcome!! And don't worry, I haven't read further than page... I think 44 of aRTD, so I don't know anything about it XD also, agreed. Tuuri is love and Tuuri is life. Tuuri is also luck, which is kinda sad when you think about it, so I'm gonna stop thinking about it  :'(

Also to wavewright62, you're welcome!(?) :'D Or should I say... your welcome >:D HAHAHAH
(Also also, I'ma point this out in a whisper, so imagine I'm whispering: "bugger", while a great deal of fun to say, is sadly used as a slur against gay folks primarily in the UK. I actually found this out a few weeks ago from a writing teacher (the dude who wrote Ender's Game, turns out, is really homophobic... Sigh). I haven't yet heard it used to attack anyone, and it might've fallen out of use/been reclaimed by this point, but I thought I should let you know just in case!)

(Oh but now I like the way "useful leeetle gays" sounds :'D I wanna be useful and small!!)
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3635 on: November 30, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Welcome Nellie! Looks like we're in a similar boat with regards to languages!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3636 on: November 30, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »
WOAH NELLIE
Welcome!! And don't worry, I haven't read further than page... I think 44 of aRTD, so I don't know anything about it XD also, agreed. Tuuri is love and Tuuri is life. Tuuri is also luck, which is kinda sad when you think about it, so I'm gonna stop thinking about it  :'(

Also to wavewright62, you're welcome!(?) :'D Or should I say... your welcome >:D HAHAHAH
(Also also, I'ma point this out in a whisper, so imagine I'm whispering: "bugger", while a great deal of fun to say, is sadly used as a slur against gay folks primarily in the UK. I actually found this out a few weeks ago from a writing teacher (the dude who wrote Ender's Game, turns out, is really homophobic... Sigh). I haven't yet heard it used to attack anyone, and it might've fallen out of use/been reclaimed by this point, but I thought I should let you know just in case!)

(Oh but now I like the way "useful leeetle gays" sounds :'D I wanna be useful and small!!)

Ah yes, my apologies if anyone out there was affronted (see also the usage of the word 'bastard' currently in the Bad Jokes thread).  It was actually a point of controversy some years back when an NZ ad campaign, now beloved and universally embraced, featured the word in its current context, in which every man and his dog now uses the word freely.
It's been a while since I viewed this ad, and I find it interesting that etymologically, you can hear the 'bugger me' also used, tied back to its older (mis)use.  I feel a treatise coming on, I'd better stop.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:01:54 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #3637 on: November 30, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »
WOAH NELLIE

No, you're right, someone totally had to do that  ;D

Thank all of you all brilliant folk for being so welcoming!

(all of you all is fun to say.)

Also thank all of you all for pointing that out about the word (imagine I'm whispering?) "bugger" because I too was totally unaware of that. And that is really unfortunate about Ender's Game, which I have been meaning to read. SIGH.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Failed Forerunner

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3638 on: December 01, 2018, 03:28:28 AM »
Hello! I just made this username for the first time so I have no idea what to shorten it to. I’m in 18 year old in Canada who works at the local library and the computer store. I only really speak English, having failed to absorb much French. I started reading SSSS a few years back, I’ve also read ARTD while waiting for updates. 
 Hopefully I’m not too late to the party, i never knew about this place until the calendar got posted.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3639 on: December 01, 2018, 03:34:08 AM »
Hello! I just made this username for the first time so I have no idea what to shorten it to. I’m in 18 year old in Canada who works at the local library and the computer store. I only really speak English, having failed to absorb much French. I started reading SSSS a few years back, I’ve also read ARTD while waiting for updates. 
 Hopefully I’m not too late to the party, i never knew about this place until the calendar got posted.

Welcome!  Have a good lookee around, you may find lots here to waste oodles of time stimulate you.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3640 on: December 01, 2018, 06:13:52 AM »
Welcome, Failed Forerunner! It's never too late to join the party!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

Bhaskara

• Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #3641 on: December 01, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
Hello!

I found SSSS like four or five days ago, read all of it, then read all of “a redtail’s dream,” and finished with reading over the development log for “City of Hunger.”

I absolutely fell in love with the art and story.

I’m from the USA, and I am an aging punk who listens to mostly punk, hardcore, industrial, and reggae music; has played in many bands over the years, but has been on a creative hiatus for about five years.

I’ve also been a life long player of table top rpgs, and prefer post-apocalyptic, horror and giant robots over fantasy.

Cheers

PS : I speak American English, and some very bad Spanish, and know smatterings of a few other languages but only enough to get me into trouble.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:14:37 PM by Bhaskara »
“What is an anarchist? One who, choosing, accepts the responsibility of choice.”
Ursula K. Le Guin

Guacamikkel

• Tumblr
« Reply #3642 on: December 01, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »
BONUS POINTS FOR ALL Y'ALL

Also, hello to Failed Forerunner from a fellow Canuck, eh! And welcome Bhaskara! As per custom, you too shall receive a mug of Moose Mead and some squirrel cookies, on the house!

Welcome to our humble forum <3
Guacamikkel =^..^=

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3643 on: December 01, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
A hearty welcome to Bhaskara and Failed Forerunner. Hope you both enjoy it here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3644 on: December 02, 2018, 12:17:27 AM »
Welcome, to the forum, Bhaskara!
Butter good.