Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580867 times)

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3555 on: August 14, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
Hi, Steadfast!

It was needing to say something in that thread which brought me onto these boards.

Lots of other things to talk about here, though; and my general sense of the community is that it's quite inclusive (otherwise I wouldn't have stayed.)

Oh, and whoops: hi, everybody else also! I haven't posted in this thread for quite a while --
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:50:01 PM by thorny »

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3556 on: August 14, 2018, 08:08:10 PM »
Hello, Fan Forum!

I am a long-time lurker and comic reader (from the distant days when Reynir was still quite nameless).
I've been burned by getting too close to fandoms before, but I've really been enjoying the recent livestreams and I guess I'm ready to be hurt again, ha. A little bit about me- I'm from the Eastern United States, I have a college degree in textiles and I'm really interested in archaeology and folklore. While I'm pretty dislocated from my family heritage, I have predominantly Finnish ancestry. I really enjoy cosplay projects and would love to do something SSSS related (although the mere thought of all that insulation in August gives me the Fear.) I also enjoy drawing and other various art-and-craft pursuits. I'm very attached to Tuuri and Onni, though I love the whole crew.

I don't know how active I'll be here, but, here I am! Please be gentle.

I've already gone through the 'Ethnic Diversity in SSSS' thread so I'm coming to you freshly traumatized...
Welcome to the forum!! I've seen you around in the livestreams! Great profile pic + username :)
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3557 on: August 14, 2018, 08:57:53 PM »
Steadfastjewel, hello and welcome. Nice profile pic. We're not too scary. Weird, but generally fairly nice.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3558 on: August 14, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »
Welcome, Steadfastjewel! I hope you like it here!  :)
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #3559 on: August 16, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome  <3 <3 <3
I'm good with being called steadfast, or steady if you're really feeling the brevity ; )

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3560 on: August 17, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »
Hello, Fan Forum!
Hello steadfastjewel and welcome :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kaino

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #3561 on: September 04, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
Hello! I'm Kaino (the name has nothing to do with the SSSS prologue character). 27 year old swede. I've been into SSSS for a long time but it's just recently it became an obsession. I've came to this forum since I've lost hope to get anyone of my friends to read SSSS anytime soon, and it's nicer to talk about it with people who've actually read it. I hope to make some friends, even though I'm not used to actually writing in forum threads and not just reading them haha.
I love fanart and similar works, like cosplay, animations and recorded audio. I've already found a lot of nice such things in these forums. And some threads are gold mines for inspiration.
In SSSS I find the most relatable character is Lalli. I love everyone in the main crew though, and also Onni.
Native: :sweden:
Fluent-ish: :uk:
Learning but on hold: :japan: :spain:
Learning: :finland:
Planning to learn: :iceland:
Want to learn: So many...

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3562 on: September 04, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Welcome, Kaino! This is a very friendly forum, so I’m certain you’ll make friends in no time :) I’m in a similar boat re:characters, I think...although I don’t find Lalli the most relatable necessarily, he is my favorite by a very small margin since the rest of the crew + Onni are also all so wonderful!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

Kaino

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #3563 on: September 04, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »
Welcome, Kaino! This is a very friendly forum, so I’m certain you’ll make friends in no time :) I’m in a similar boat re:characters, I think...although I don’t find Lalli the most relatable necessarily, he is my favorite by a very small margin since the rest of the crew + Onni are also all so wonderful!
Thank you! Right, if I pick one favorite character it feels like I'm neglecting the others and they are all so awesome in different ways.
Native: :sweden:
Fluent-ish: :uk:
Learning but on hold: :japan: :spain:
Learning: :finland:
Planning to learn: :iceland:
Want to learn: So many...

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3564 on: September 04, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
Hello! I'm Kaino
Hello and welcome to the forum Kaino :D  :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3565 on: September 05, 2018, 03:14:04 PM »
Hello and welcome!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

beansnake

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • my star chart told me i'm Assigned Gamer At Birth
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them
« Reply #3566 on: September 08, 2018, 04:51:10 AM »
Heyo all!

I'm Birov, 21 y.o. from the west coast of the USA. I'm a full-time commissions/freelance artist who's almost entirely consumed by my work. But, recently I've been trying to take some more time to draw personal/fan work & actually engage with stories and content I love, which led me here!

SSSS has been... basically the only webcomic I consistently remember to keep up with for over two years now, if not longer. Mostly due to the fact that it hits all the themes I like and I fell in love with all the characters within pages of meeting them, so it's kept me captive ever since.

I feel bad picking a favorite character... I'd have to settle for saying Lalli or Emil, when pressed. But they're - at most - an inch ahead of the others.
✲ internet's #1 drawing snake ✲
icon by beastbone on dA

fluent: :usa:
bad at: :france:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3567 on: September 08, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
Heyo all!

I'm Birov, 21 y.o. from the west coast of the USA. I'm a full-time commissions/freelance artist who's almost entirely consumed by my work. But, recently I've been trying to take some more time to draw personal/fan work & actually engage with stories and content I love, which led me here!

SSSS has been... basically the only webcomic I consistently remember to keep up with for over two years now, if not longer. Mostly due to the fact that it hits all the themes I like and I fell in love with all the characters within pages of meeting them, so it's kept me captive ever since.

I feel bad picking a favorite character... I'd have to settle for saying Lalli or Emil, when pressed. But they're - at most - an inch ahead of the others.
Welcome welcome!! I think I've seen your art on Tumblr! It's absolutely lovely!
Butter good.

katie2516

« Reply #3568 on: September 08, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm from the northwestern US, 20 years old and going to college for physics and music. Yes, I actually can do that, and no, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. In my free time (hah) I play d&d, write, and recently have been trying to draw more art, which usually means ssss fanart.

I don't really know how active I'm gonna be here, cause I'm not great about checking stuff like this, but I've been trying to watch the Twitch streams for the past couple weeks and everyone's been really nice, so I thought I'd come over here :)

beansnake

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • my star chart told me i'm Assigned Gamer At Birth
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them
« Reply #3569 on: September 09, 2018, 12:27:04 AM »
Welcome welcome!! I think I've seen your art on Tumblr! It's absolutely lovely!
Thank you so much! Both for the welcome and for the kind words. And, if it's the same URL, then the art on tumblr's definitely me.

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm from the northwestern US, 20 years old and going to college for physics and music...
From one new-comer to another, welcome aboard!
✲ internet's #1 drawing snake ✲
icon by beastbone on dA

fluent: :usa:
bad at: :france: