Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580976 times)

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2014, 10:56:31 AM »
*raises head, waves with a smile, and makes some place in front of the fireplace*

Welcome!

Never be anxious, the folks here are nice, and all-over a good company. There are also many people with interest in music, as I'm sure you'll soon learn. ;)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Deirdre

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Oh dear, it's the kindest welcome that has ever happened to me! Thank you :)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
No problem :)
I told you we were nice. It's the single best quality of this community, everyone is all around nice and friendly. From what little I've seen of you, you'll fit right in!
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2014, 06:43:24 PM »

You'll fit right in, I know it.   :)  Do you feel like telling us how you chose your forum nickname?  Hopefully not from Deirdre of the Sorrows in Irish legend. 

I really like your forum icon.  Thanks for the artist link -- I had no idea he is contemporary!   I would have thought it was someone of the Art Nouveau era like Aubrey Beardsley or Arthur Rackham.  (Well, it's too pretty to be by him...) 

And I'm thrilled to welcome another classical music geek to the Forum.  I've played music since I was 12 (flute, then recorder, then handbells), but my knowledge of solfège is sorely lacking.  So my Big Plan to arrange Arvo Pärt's Spiegel im Spiegel for handbells will have to wait...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Deirdre

« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2014, 02:11:43 AM »
Bad news - my nick is at least partially from Deirdre of the Sorrows! Well, to be honest it's more from the name of Ekova vocalist, but I always give the explenation featuring the Ulster Cycle (as I gave in the language-introducion thread here), it's more commonly known than the Ekova band. I recon it's not the most fortunate name to have considering mythological Deirdre's story, but c'mon, they even named a ship after her, so I probably don't risk that much?

dangranos

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: he
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »
Hello, my name is Danil Krivonos (rus: ????? ????????)
Found SSSS when read RTD which i found on some comic translation site.
I am 14 years old Russian boy living (and born) in Altai Krai (south of Siberia), Russia. Interested in programming (a little) and computers. I like magic and sci-fi stories, possible some post-apocalypse. Its my first introduction post ever, so i hope its good.
Fluent: :uk: :russia:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
I am 14 years old Russian boy living (and born) in Altai Krai (south of Siberia), Russia. Interested in programming (a little) and computers. I like magic and sci-fi stories, possible some post-apocalypse. Its my first introduction post ever, so i hope its good.

Welcome, Danil!  We're a friendly bunch here.  And a fair number of us either speak or are trying to learn Slavic languages, so you'll find a lot of interest in Russian.  (Unfortunately, our forum software doesn't yet support the Cyrillic alphabet.)

We all look forward to hearing from you on the Forum.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Armchair Survivalist

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »
Well, I suppose introductions are in order... I'm a Swede born and bred, old enough to be the father of the majority here (I've only got two kids last time I checked, though). I stumbled across SSSS thanks to a link over at Dumbing of Age, and as I have a 30+ years old interest in post-apocalyptic stories, I was instantly hooked. My username refers to an interest in how to survive the breakdown of society, combined with the sad fact that I haven't been arsed to put together a decent survival kit. :P Anyway, this forum seems friendly enough; I guess the mods smoke out any trolls with flamethrowers... ;) See you around!
Fluent: :sweden: :usa: :uk:
Understand: :norway: :denmark:
Read better than speak: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2014, 08:08:45 PM »

Welcome.

combined with the sad fact that I haven't been arsed to put together a decent survival kit.

If you need any tips or review of whatever kitt you do throw together you're welcome to hit me up with any questions you might have.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Armchair Survivalist

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
Welcome.

If you need any tips or review of whatever kitt you do throw together you're welcome to hit me up with any questions you might have.
Thank you! I'll look into it, trying to decide what level to go for first - a few days, a couple of weeks, or the breakdown of society as we know it. Is there a thread for any such discussions?
Fluent: :sweden: :usa: :uk:
Understand: :norway: :denmark:
Read better than speak: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
Not that I know of.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2014, 05:43:14 AM »
. My username refers to an interest in how to survive the breakdown of society...
:D this will be a comfortable break down then. You should some of your kids send out to buy a flamethrower though. Heating looters might be fun.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ConnieMW

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2014, 05:05:57 PM »
Hello! I'm Tara.
I've actually been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but I didn't get around to making an account until now..
I'm 14, I live in Ireland, I like to draw, and I am not good at introductions :P
SSSS is my second webcomic, I've been reading it since  October, and it's inspired me to learn Swedish, which I am finding a whole lot easier than French, at least for now.
um. I don't really know what else to say.. So, uh, hi!

Hello fellow Irish person, and welcome! I'm not good at introductions either, heh heh. I myself have also begun to learn Swedish, with the aim of one day moving there. Are you enjoying learning it so far?

Dagnir

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
Greetings fellow readers!

Here's to more adventures and a gorgeous year!

I'm Dagnir on disqus as well, for those few who will remember my couple comments.
Those who walk against the wind will always walk alone.

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »
I kind of dove in with the comments and the forum and didn't realize there was an Introduction Thread! So, here goes!

Hi! I am older than Torbjörn, but younger than Taru. I am a stay-at-home mom for my small son, who has a lot of developmental issues. I graduated with a degree in Studio Art many years ago and worked as a web designer for 10 years. In between those two, I lived in Japan on the JET program to help teach English. Somehow I stumbled on A Redtail's Dream about two years ago and remembered seeing the page for SSSS before it started, but didn't come back to it again until I saw the language tree and Nordic cats floating around on the internet. (Then I spent about two days catching up.) All of this inspires me to get back to drawing again, which is awesome.

I'm fluent in American English and have everyday knowledge of Japanese, but I'm nowhere near fluent. I think Finnish would be kind of cool to learn.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: