Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581123 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
Really long, but very nice and informing text :D
So you can call me by my name, which is Oda.

(Oh and Fimbulvarg, what exactly is the "best part of Norway"?)

*Points excitedly to language board*
Have you written some little story during your live? Anything would do and I have finnished butchering through Fimbulvarg's Story only recently. Well and 26... We are not too far away in age.

Sorry piney ;)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »
(Oh and Fimbulvarg, what exactly is the "best part of Norway"?)

I am the best part of Norway!! ... Oh, and the North! Where people curse the South, the snow and the sun in equal measures! Where the beer is made from tears of joy, where the aurora lulls men to sleep and people spit on pretensions of superiority! How I wish I was there.

I think all our 40+ years old members will resent the notion that people in their 20s are too old for forum'ing.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
Yup, that looks true! Bu now that I've read through those articles that mentioned the Bridge-Myers oersonality test, I'm wondering what is everyone's personality like (If you have taken the test at all). I took it a couple of years ago, got INFP, it looked perfect at the time, but I think I'm starting to become more of an ENFP now.

And now i started this, everybody is posting their MBTI types.

I'm INTJ, but I don't take this kind of test seriously. There are so many things affecting the outcome, most of all the fact that it's based purely on each test doers idea of themselves. It's more like a test of how you feel about yourself than what you really are like.

Same, I don't trust the tests much, as they have too many variables and many questions are ambiguous.
I compared myself against the definition of the types years ago and i'll think you can guess what it is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:44:33 AM by Oskutin »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2014, 12:50:57 PM »
I am IS--.  I vary wildly from day to day, but those seem to be the ones that fit me the most.  Also, I'm like 95% I (introvert).  Being around people or even in crowds can drain me of all my energy for the rest of the day. 

Oda, you're welcome here no matter what age you are.  I think 19-21 I'd a good assessment, but we do have some wiser members.  I'm gonna stop talking before I say something stupid (assuming I haven't already), but, yeah, welcome!
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2014, 06:59:21 PM »
I'm INTJ, but I don't take this kind of test seriously. There are so many things affecting the outcome, most of all the fact that it's based purely on each test doers idea of themselves. It's more like a test of how you feel about yourself than what you really are like.
INTJ-highfive!

Yeah, this really should be in GDThread...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »
INTJ-highfive!

Yeah, this really should be in GDThread...
One of the rarest types and on this small (active) community theres atleast four.

And if we're going to continue with this, could be better to move this to GD.
Even it kinda fits in this 'tell about yourself'-thread too.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:42:27 PM by Oskutin »

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »
I am a 17 year old guy from somewhere in North America. I love to draw, play guitar, and play videogames. I am not the average male, or at least I am told so, because I worry too much about my physical appearance, I am too skinny, and I grow facial hair in patches. Also, I often get called a girl because my hair bangs come down to right under my bottom lip. I am of hispanic descent but I was not born in South America by any means. I am a fairly straight-forward person. I am in a special Engineering High School, although I aspire to be a comic book artist and a musician, but nonetheless I have at least learned more than simple logical thinking in order to solve daily issues. ?????????????????????????????????????????? It is a pleasure to meet all of you~
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »
I am a 17 year old guy from somewhere in North America. I love to draw, play guitar, and play videogames. I am not the average male, or at least I am told so, because I worry too much about my physical appearance, I am too skinny, and I grow facial hair in patches. Also, I often get called a girl because my hair bangs come down to right under my bottom lip. I am of hispanic descent but I was not born in South America by any means. I am a fairly straight-forward person. I am in a special Engineering High School, although I aspire to be a comic book artist and a musician, but nonetheless I have at least learned more than simple logical thinking in order to solve daily issues. ?????????????????????????????????????????? It is a pleasure to meet all of you~
Why you use finnish name?  :D

Esko Oksanen

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2014, 12:38:13 AM »
Why you use finnish name?  :D
I like that name. It is the name of my OC (Original Character).
Also, the http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/Smileys/default/huh.gif faces are supposed to say "I can speak Japanese but not fluently" but the forums apparently does not display Japanese LOL.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
You... you and I are very alike.  :o
I don't get mistaken for a girl, because my hair's relatively short, and I'm super tall, but... dang. 
Also, another guitarist!  Huzzah!  And now we can welcome our 3rd engineer to the introduction thread. 
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »
You... you and I are very alike.  :o
I don't get mistaken for a girl, because my hair's relatively short, and I'm super tall, but... dang. 
Also, another guitarist!  Huzzah!  And now we can welcome our 3rd engineer to the introduction thread.
Heh, I thought that too X'P now you guys can be a tall engineering-guitarist duo!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

PzKw IV G

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2014, 04:40:26 PM »
Panzerkampfwagon IV G. Some irony inherent in an American using a German tank for a handle, but oh well. Obviously, I speak fluent English, and I can stumble my way through written Spanish. Don't ask me about anything Nordic, though- I only know enough to say "ouch."

Kalpea Valo

• Super-Newbie
  • Sleeping Weirdie
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »
Hi there!
First of all, I apologize to all the English native-speakers. I'm actually butchering your beautiful mother tongue, and I'm sorry. (Amen)

I've got a weird and "strange-hearing" name. So you can call me "Eve" - it sounds good to me, yeah, like the Christmas Eve ; Who the hell doesn't like the Christmas Eve ?!

Well, well.
I'm a little four-eyed student. I'm currently studying History. I'm specializing in Antiquity, Antique Art, and Classic Egyptian (the hieroglyphs).
Let's face it ; I'll never find a job. Youh!  ;D
But History and Art History are my life (I have stopped my Law studies to fulfill my dreams)!
Of course I love Antiquity, but I have a keen interest in the Middle Ages ... And I ADORE the Vikings. I wish I could met them in another life (but not as a slave or even as a woman, please). Well, I also love the Maya people and the first Mesopotamians ... Maybe I have some strange fascination for bloodthirsty ancient civilizations ... Creepy.
I have discovered SSSS several months ago, and I TOTALLY fell in love. I love the drawing, the story, and the drawing, and the story ... And BRAIDY! To me, tall men with long hair are so manly, especially when they have a braid or a ponytail ; they look like brave and barbaric vikings (or not)! Totaly my type (in my fantasy).

I enjoy to draw (but I have never learnt how to draw, so I'm not a good one), I like to write (I write A LOT - One day I wanna write historical fictions), and I like to read (this is what I do the most - except breathing, of course).
I like old horror movies from the twenties, cheesecakes with home-made compote, traditional scandinavian music and cheminey fires. ("These are a few of my favorite things, la la laaa")
And a LOT of other things, too. I like every of you, of course. <3

* My pseudo means "Pale Light" in Finnish. It's the title of a beautiful song. I think in the context of the song, "Kalpea Valo" refers to the light of a morning winter.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:16:51 PM by Kalpea Valo »
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien

Native : :france:
Decent : :usa:, :netherlands:
Learning : :finland:, :sweden:, :germany:
Want to learn : :norway:, :iceland:, :china:, :japan:

Esko Oksanen

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
Hi there!
First of all, I apologize to all the English native-speakers. I'm actually butchering your beautiful mother tongue, and I'm sorry. (Amen)

I've got a weird and "strange-hearing" name. So you can call me "Eve" - it sounds good to me, yeah, like the Christmas Eve ; Who the hell doesn't like the Christmas Eve ?!

Well, well.
I'm a little four-eyed student. I'm currently studying History. I'm specializing in Antiquity, Antique Art, and Classic Egyptian (the hieroglyphs).
Let's face it ; I'll never find a job. Youh!  ;D
But History and Art History are my life (I have stopped my Law studies to fulfill my dreams)!
Of course I love Antiquity, but I have a keen interest in the Middle Ages ... And I ADORE the Vikings. I wish I could met them in another life (but not as a slave or even as a woman, please). Well, I also love the Maya people and the first Mesopotamians ... Maybe I have some strange fascination for bloodthirsty ancient populations ... Creepy.
I have discovered SSSS several months ago, and I TOTALLY fell in love. I love the drawing, the story, and the drawing, and the story ... And BRAIDY! To me, tall men with long hair are so manly, especially when they have a braid or a ponytail ; they look like brave and barbaric vikings (or not)! Totaly my type (in my fantasy).

I enjoy to draw (but I have never learnt how to draw, so I'm not a good one), I like to write (I write A LOT - One day I wanna write historical fictions), and I like to read (this is what I do the most - except breathing, of course).
I like old horror movies from the twenties, cheesecakes with home-made compote, traditional scandinavian music and cheminey fires. ("These are a few of my favorite things, la la laaa")
And a LOT of other things, too. I like every of you, of course. <3

* My pseudo means "Pale Light" in Finnish. It's the title of a beautiful song. I think in the context of the song, "Kalpea Valo" refers to the light of a morning winter.
You sound like quite a unique new member to our little community. Welcome!

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
[insert introduction here]

Welcome to the SSSS community!! (I see you like old horror movies from the twenties! I've seen a few of those! I love horror movies from the thirties. Also art history. I love art history  :))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:19:44 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: