Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580901 times)

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2715 on: October 30, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
Hæ and welcome, Gaeilal!
Your introduction is really great!
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Chris P. Bacon

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2716 on: October 31, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
Hello!
so, I've been reading SSSS for a little while now, but haven't really commented or anything until recently. I mean, you guys seem like such nice people, how could I resist? I've seen y'all got a buncha flags and whatnot so I guess this is relevant; I live in the US and only speak English, unfortunately. Though I'm learning latin, so hopefully that'll stem into more languages, I also have a general interest in etymology, which is how i found SSSS- Minna's fancy language tree.

that's all I 've got to say, I guess.  Happy Halloween! Beware of spooks!
Fluent in :usa:
can stumble through :vaticancity:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2717 on: October 31, 2016, 06:50:49 PM »
Hello and welcome, Chris! Hope to see more of your animations.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2718 on: October 31, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »
Large welcomes to Chris P. and to gaeilal.  We are always in need of the unique skillsets so many of the Minnions bring to the table. 
To gaeilal especially, I would recommend seeing if you can branch into scientific/medical commentary and consultancy, ...except that I know how welcome that is in the current prevailing climate of willful ignorance and misinformation.  A sad song indeed.  But - welcome again.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2719 on: November 01, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »
Welcome Chris :D, here to cope with the chapter break i assume. There is a guide on how to get the flags somewhere on the forum if you're interested.
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2720 on: November 01, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
Welcome Gaeilal and Chris P. Bacon :) Cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2721 on: November 01, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »
Big welcomeSSSS to Gaeilal and Chris P. Bacon !
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Redheaded Beijinger

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2722 on: November 02, 2016, 02:05:25 AM »
Hello, everyone! I've been reading since February but am only joining the forums now. I'm from the US, born and raised, with a very typically American background mix of various Northern European ancestries.

I graduated from college this past spring with a degree in Chinese, and a minor in Linguistics, so of course I love Minna's language tree. (Well, I love everything Minna does, but especially the language tree.) 

My Mandarin is not bad, and I'm making good headway on Classical Chinese, too.  I used to be able to read Old English, but I've got no other languages... Sometimes I feel like if I'd picked a Germanic or Romance language to study I could speak three of them by now >:(, but that's probably just sour grapes.

Right now I'm in Beijing, studying Chinese for a year on scholarship from the Chinese government, mostly because I didn't know what else to do. As you can probably tell from my username, Beijing is a pretty important city to me.  I lived here last year for six months, even missed my flight home because I feel in love with a Russian girl and wanted to stay... but that's a story for another time.

Anyway it's very good to meet all of you! I look forward to showering you all with my overly-detailed spin-off stories becoming the best of friends.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2723 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:39 AM »
Redheaded Beijinger, welcome to the Forum. I think you will like it here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2724 on: November 02, 2016, 04:55:38 AM »
Welcome Redheaded Beijinger!  :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2725 on: November 02, 2016, 05:20:18 AM »
And a welcome cookie for Redheaded Beijinger ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2726 on: November 02, 2016, 06:53:33 AM »
Oops, I'm a bit behind... but welcome to Gaelal, Chris P. Bacon, and Redheaded Beijinger! :sparkle::sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2727 on: November 02, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Redheaded Beijinger!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2728 on: November 04, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »
Hello!
so, I've been reading SSSS for a little while now, but haven't really commented or anything until recently. I mean, you guys seem like such nice people, how could I resist? I've seen y'all got a buncha flags and whatnot so I guess this is relevant; I live in the US and only speak English, unfortunately. Though I'm learning latin, so hopefully that'll stem into more languages, I also have a general interest in etymology, which is how i found SSSS- Minna's fancy language tree.

that's all I 've got to say, I guess.  Happy Halloween! Beware of spooks!
I love your username
Pretentious? Moi?

upallnightfam

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2729 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »
Hey guys, I've got a needlessly long username so Adam is probably better if you can remember it :^)
I'm 17, I'm a guy, I was born in Hungary but I now live in the UK. I found SSSS a couple years ago, not sure how, binge read up to the most recent page which was 300 something at the time, and came back recently, binge read again and stuck around. I like drawing, coding and bass. Also volleyball.