Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580814 times)

Yeiii

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2565 on: August 12, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Jerzy and I'm a 17 years old guy. I live in Cracow, Poland.
I love animals (mostly turtles), gardening and linguistics, mainly polish . I can't live without books, especially fantasy; The Discworld has its special place in my heart.
I've been reading SSSS for about one and a half week by now and have already joined comments, somehow. I have also read A Redtail's Dream.
Alas, l've got some poor social skills, as far as meeting NEW people is concerned, and hence I feel incredibly anxious when writing this introduction. I hope I can somehow fit in this forum and have some great time with you people :)

Hi Jerzy! Welcome to the forum! Don't be anxious, people is super nice here, and you seem like an interesting guy! I also love fantasy, tho I haven't read discworld yet, I'm must get to it..
Native :chile:
Fluent :uk:

Chapter joined :chap11:
Chapter break survivor :chap12: :chap13:

Yeiii

« Reply #2566 on: August 12, 2016, 07:33:13 PM »
I work in a library (where I am NOT allowed to READ! :'()

I would feel like a drug addict surrounded by drug all day and not been able to taste it!

Btw, welcome to the forum!!
Native :chile:
Fluent :uk:

Chapter joined :chap11:
Chapter break survivor :chap12: :chap13:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2567 on: August 12, 2016, 08:16:52 PM »
Hello, 0hfra8jousday and Jerzy_S! There's plenty of wonderful people here and lots and lots of interesting threads! It's great to have you here. Welcome!

(Jerzy, I also don't have very good social skills. It was a bit scary at first for me, but I've found a wonderful and welcoming community here. :) )
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2568 on: August 12, 2016, 11:49:54 PM »
Many welcomes to Jerzy_S, Yeiii, and Ohfra8jousday! 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2569 on: August 13, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
Welcome, Yeiii! Woo, music! I used play the piano, but I stopped. Now I play the bass clarinet instead. XD I've never heard of The Name of the Wind, but now I have to read it. :)
Hiya, Jerzy_S! Animals and linguistics and books, oh my! ;D Three of my favorite things. ^-^ There's a lot of fellow introverts here, so don't worry. I think you'll fit in just fine.
Hey there, 0hfra8jousday! Working in a library surrounded by books but unable to read any of them seems a little sad. I would be so tempted to just start reading. XD
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2570 on: August 14, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »
Welcome, welcome 0hfra8jousday!  Callooh! Callay!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2571 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:49 AM »
My seal and I am back after a month's travel, so welcome Thorny, Emily, HulluPunaKettu, Dar, rundrewrun, GaBe, FoxDei (you work at Skara Brea? Wow!), EnigmaObscurius, Rhynerd (nice Kasrkin!), Yeiii, Jerzy_S, 0hfra8jousday, and welcome back Danskjavlar!

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2572 on: August 20, 2016, 10:36:12 AM »
Hallo everyone, my name is Jacob. I am a 17 year old Dane, and I’ve been reading SSSS since around April :). This is my first time joining a forum, but since SSSS is one of my favourite comics I figured I should join the forum before the upcoming chapter break. I’m really interested in science (especially physics), history and I read a lot of books. I hope I won’t regret this.             
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #2573 on: August 20, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
Hallo everyone, my name is Jacob. I am a 17 year old Dane, and I’ve been reading SSSS since around April :). This is my first time joining a forum, but since SSSS is one of my favourite comics I figured I should join the forum before the upcoming chapter break. I’m really interested in science (especially physics), history and I read a lot of books. I hope I won’t regret this.           

Welcome, Jacob! I hope the forum can help you surviving the chapter break. Surely you won't regret joining.
(Also, science high-five!)
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2574 on: August 20, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »
Welcome!! *throws confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2575 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:07 PM »

Welcome! I expected to see some new members because of the chapter break. I hope you enjoy your time here! May I just point you to the books thread? :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #2576 on: August 20, 2016, 03:54:04 PM »
Hallo, JacobThomsen! Wonderful to have you here. I also started reading SSSS around April, and this is gonna be my first chapter break. O.o I'm thinking the community here will make it easier, though, so coming here was a good idea!
And yay science! I like science too. I'm more of a chemistry person, but physics is great. :D
Welp, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2577 on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:39 PM »
Jacob, hello and welcome! And yay for science! Botany and geology are my things, but all of it is awesome! I hope you will have fun here!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2578 on: August 21, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Welcome to the forums Jacob.

*hailscience*
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Skip

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2579 on: August 21, 2016, 10:07:55 AM »
 I discovered this comic about a week ago and it has consumed my life. Here because I know no people from ~real life~ who are fans and I would otherwise bore them to death talking about a webcomic they have never seen.

(As an aside, what a delightful fan community! I didn't read this whole thread - so many people all of whom I love but I don't have the patience to read that all right now.)

As to who I am, I'm the kind of person who thinks having Skip as a username is ridiculously funny. In accordance with standard procedure, I'm a year older than Tuuri; studying to be a science teacher. Other boring things about me: wild Whovian (SSSS started partly to fill Dr Who-less void), amateur pianist with 0 musical creativity, crazy dog lady and ferret owner.

*salutes*