Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580879 times)

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2550 on: August 10, 2016, 06:20:12 PM »
Well hello SSSS fans, I was told I could introduce myself here so here I am:
The name is Yeiii (it quinda fits me, I say it a lot). I'm a 26 yo Chilean girl, living in the big city of Santiago.
I'm an infant psychologist, currently working in a small clinic, and I love it!
I also like music (a play a bit of piano), Anime,  cartoons like gravity falls and phineas and ferb, reading fantasy (The Name of the wind is my all time favorite, but also like everything that Brandon Sanderson writes) and I'm currently struggling with my own novel. Finally, I lately picked up on drawing and I like it.
And that's it, like you can see I'm a super sportive tipe (not).
I got to this webcomic for a friend that didn't really gave me an option, she gave me the book and told me "sit down and read!". Now I thank her... And now I'm here in the forum trying to cope with the waiting and sharing a bit of art.
So, see ya!

Wait wait wait wait wait.
Brandon Sanderson?
only my favorite author of all time? :D Yay!
I'm glad you've found your way to the forum! I'm not much of an artist myself but I know there are plenty of art threads and such.
I hope you enjoy it here! Welcome!
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Yeiii

« Reply #2551 on: August 10, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
Welcome Yeiii! Here, have some squirrel cookies: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: Many of us have been dragged here by insistent friends, so you're not alone :P . There are a few music threads, one for books, anime, writing, and definitely lots of art threads, so take a look around! And if you want to get the Chilean flag for your signature, you might want to suggest it over in the Improvements Thread, as they often add flags on request! Welcome once again, and I hope you enjoy it here  ;D

*Grabs the cookie and munch it* Thank you!
I didn't know about the flag thing, I'll try!
Native :chile:
Fluent :uk:

Chapter joined :chap11:
Chapter break survivor :chap12: :chap13:

Yeiii

« Reply #2552 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
Wait wait wait wait wait.
Brandon Sanderson?
only my favorite author of all time? :D Yay!
I'm glad you've found your way to the forum! I'm not much of an artist myself but I know there are plenty of art threads and such.
I hope you enjoy it here! Welcome!

Really??! Wich one it's your favorite? I love Mystborn, specially the first 3, although I can't help but love Wax and Wayne too

Yeiii

« Reply #2553 on: August 10, 2016, 11:32:21 PM »
Welcome, Yeiii! *throws confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

*shakes confetti of my hair* thank you!

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2554 on: August 10, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »
Really??! Wich one it's your favorite? I love Mystborn, specially the first 3, although I can't help but love Wax and Wayne too
Eeeeeeeee so
BlueSkyVail recommended Brandon Sanderson in the Books thread, so I went to investigate (i.e. raid my local library for Brandon Sanderson books) and I found The Alloy of Law and loved it. A lot. Then I found the other Wax and Wayne books and they were also amazing.

I guess my point here is that you have great taste in books.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #2555 on: August 11, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
Eeeeeeeee so
BlueSkyVail recommended Brandon Sanderson in the Books thread, so I went to investigate (i.e. raid my local library for Brandon Sanderson books) and I found The Alloy of Law and loved it. A lot. Then I found the other Wax and Wayne books and they were also amazing.

I guess my point here is that you have great taste in books.

Mistborn! It was my first Sanderson book. At this point, I've read basically all of them. I especially love Stormlight Archive and am waiting impatiently for the next one to come out!
Tr, If you Like Alloy of Law, definitely read Mistborn. It's set in the same world with the same magic system, and it's all the stuff that happened before Wax and Wayne's time.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Jerzy_S

« Reply #2556 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Jerzy and I'm a 17 years old guy. I live in Cracow, Poland.
I love animals (mostly turtles), gardening and linguistics, mainly polish . I can't live without books, especially fantasy; The Discworld has its special place in my heart.
I've been reading SSSS for about one and a half week by now and have already joined comments, somehow. I have also read A Redtail's Dream.
Alas, l've got some poor social skills, as far as meeting NEW people is concerned, and hence I feel incredibly anxious when writing this introduction. I hope I can somehow fit in this forum and have some great time with you people :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:06:04 PM by Jerzy_S »

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #2557 on: August 12, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Jerzy and I'm a 17 years old guy. I live in Cracow, Poland.
I love animals (mostly turtles), gardening and linguistics, mainly polish . I can't live without books, especially fantasy; The Discworld has its special place in my heart.
I've been reading SSSS for about one and a half week by now and have alreadyseen joined comments, somehow. I have also read A Redtail's Dream.
Alas, l've got some poor social skills, as far as meeting NEW people is concerned, and hence I feel incredibly anxious when writing this introduction. I hope I can somehow fit in this forum and have some great time with you people :)

:sparkle::sparkle: Oh, hi and welcome Jerzy! ;D :sparkle::sparkle:
I already know you from the comments section!
Have a squirrel cookie :squirrelcookie:

And I agree, The Discworld is awesome! It's carried on a turtle, coincidence?
(...I wonder if Reynir would prefer the Dishworld...no...)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:18:41 PM by Miriam »
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2558 on: August 12, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »
Hello Jerzy!  Welcome to the forum and have some cookies!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

0hfra8jousday

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • wistfully whimsical; probably pragmatic
« Reply #2559 on: August 12, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »
Hello all! My nom de plume is 0hfra8jousday! I'm a 23 year old lady-type from the US of A. I read. A lot. I've read A Redtail's Dream and just caught up in Stand Still. Stay Silent. I've been obsessed for only about a week and it's already ridiculous! I admire Minna and her gorgeous art and now have laptop wallpapers for months!
I wish I were living in Europe. Mostly because of how much easier it is to learn more than one language (due to proximity to other languages), my $30,000 uni debt(free uni education?!?) and the rich HISTORY on nearly every inch of ground. OMG I LOVE history. I could talk for HOURS about ancient history.
I work in a library (where I am NOT allowed to READ! :'() and plan to go $50,000 more in debt to get my masters degree so I can get a full time job. Hurray!  >:(
I have a terrible habit of pointing out plot-holes(loudly) in movies so people are embarrassed to go see films with me. Plot-holes are the worst though.
So, er, yeah that was a lot of random stuff about me! I'll be quiet now.
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2560 on: August 12, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Welcome, Jerzy! *throws confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
(One of my life goals is to one day own ALL the Discworld books. Someday... someday my dream will come true.)
Tr, If you Like Alloy of Law, definitely read Mistborn. It's set in the same world with the same magic system, and it's all the stuff that happened before Wax and Wayne's time.
I was going to when I stopped by Barnes and Noble today but then I got distracted by Elantris and now I'm on page 397 and I love it a lot. And I have my Own Personal Copy which is great.
I work in a library (where I am NOT allowed to READ! :'()
Welcome, welcome! *more confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
That is clearly a horrible thing. You have my sympathy.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #2561 on: August 12, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »
Hello all! My nom de plume is 0hfra8jousday! I'm a 23 year old lady-type from the US of A. I read. A lot. I've read A Redtail's Dream and just caught up in Stand Still. Stay Silent. I've been obsessed for only about a week and it's already ridiculous! I admire Minna and her gorgeous art and now have laptop wallpapers for months!
I wish I were living in Europe. Mostly because of how much easier it is to learn more than one language (due to proximity to other languages), my $30,000 uni debt(free uni education?!?) and the rich HISTORY on nearly every inch of ground. OMG I LOVE history. I could talk for HOURS about ancient history.
I work in a library (where I am NOT allowed to READ! :'() and plan to go $50,000 more in debt to get my masters degree so I can get a full time job. Hurray!  >:(
I have a terrible habit of pointing out plot-holes(loudly) in movies so people are embarrassed to go see films with me. Plot-holes are the worst though.
So, er, yeah that was a lot of random stuff about me! I'll be quiet now.

Good to see your introduction here!
(I can reassure you though, not everywhere in Europe they have free uni education, I wish. I live in Europe (the Netherlands) and I do have to pay my uni tution yearly.)
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2562 on: August 12, 2016, 05:51:39 PM »
Welcome Jerzy_S :) And don't worry, we're a lot of introverts here. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Oooh, History, 0hfra8jousday ? And working in a library ? I might be just a little jealous for "working in a library" ^^ Have a welcome cookie too :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2563 on: August 12, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »
Ohfra8jousday, welcome! And welcome Jerzy! Both of you sound really interesting and fun. I think you both will like it here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jerzy_S

« Reply #2564 on: August 12, 2016, 06:02:32 PM »
Thank you all for such a warm reception. And all the cookies  :)