Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580810 times)

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2175 on: March 31, 2016, 11:46:46 PM »
uhh hey im batman on the ssss chatroom and THOR on disqus!! i found ssss by scrolling through hiveworks and i liked how minna shaded reynir's face... been reading ever since!!  8)

this is my fren who introduced me to ssss in the first place!! treat him well or i will fight you

edit also welcome to all the other people!! gosh that seems cold but hey im sorry <3 <3 <3 yall are gr9 !!!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:49:29 PM by loki »
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Fleetfoot

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his, they/them/theirs
« Reply #2176 on: April 04, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »
Hello all!

I'm a 25 year old French citizen who currently lives in Boston, USA, at this very moment posting from the very lovely country of Norway!
(It's been about 5 years since I last left the USA, and I'm super happy to be visiting some just married friends here in Norway, and then family and friends in Paris. I have to say that this comic was a part of what inspired me to come out here!)

I work in tech support, and do art in the rest of my time (you can find me at weasyl.com/~fleetfoot and fleetfoot.deviantart.com). Most of what I post on those sites are 2D/digital illustrative works, but I do knit/crochet/spin a fair bit on days where I don't want to think quite as much while I craft. 
I've moved all over the world, and enjoy traveling. I love animals and nature, and my art definitely reflects this. (Hiking/camping anyone?) I also very much enjoy learning about cultures and languages. I'm less good at the rote memorization part of things, but sign me up for learning odd trivia! I enjoy cooking, traditional folk songs, and contra dancing.

I found SSSS I think through the hiveworks as I was trying to find some new webcomics to get back into and gosh did I fall in love with this one! (It contains many of my favourite things!)
I didn't realize there was a forum until someone in the comics pointed me this way, so here I am!

Cheers~!
Fluent: :uk:/:usa:, :france:
Conversational: :spain:
Beginner: :japan:
Want to learn: :sign:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2177 on: April 04, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »
Welcome Fleetfoot! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2178 on: April 04, 2016, 06:14:46 PM »
Welcome, Fleetfoot :) With all you wrote (art, knit/crochet/spin, languages, cooking...), I'm sure you'll find interesting threads and conversations. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2179 on: April 04, 2016, 06:25:57 PM »
Welcome, Fleetfoot! I'm looking forward to some interesting conversations. Nature and folk songs? Excellent!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2180 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49:26 PM »
Hello everyone !!! I'm 23 years old, living in the U.S. for now in the state of Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula attending Northern Michigan University, but I'll be graduating in just a few weeks with a bachelor's degree in International Studies then leaving shortly after that to go live and teach in Korea for a few years, exciting stuff :3

I'm a musician, I've been playing piano since I was a wee little one and I've been teaching piano lessons to beginners for about seven-ish years now. I've also doodled around with trying to learn the violin and harp. Sometimes I cosplay, I've been to a few cons but a lot of my sewing is just for pleasure because I think designing and making my own clothes is fun and a neat creative outlet. I love going for adventures and being out in the woods and by the lake and what not c:

A little fun fact for people who aren't too familiar with Michigan's upper peninsula is that sometime a while ago, I'm guessing probably sometime in the late 1800's or early 1900's, there was a major wave of Finnish migration here. So almost all of my friends who were born in Michigan's upper peninsula are of Finnish descent and a lot of them speak Finnish. So, even before I read SSSS I had some interest in the Finnish language and some Finnish folklore based on the neat things my friends told me and were nice enough to teach me :3
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:13:25 PM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2181 on: April 04, 2016, 11:16:17 PM »
Hello all!

I'm a 25 year old French citizen who currently lives in Boston, USA, at this very moment posting from the very lovely country of Norway!
(It's been about 5 years since I last left the USA, and I'm super happy to be visiting some just married friends here in Norway, and then family and friends in Paris. I have to say that this comic was a part of what inspired me to come out here!)

I work in tech support, and do art in the rest of my time (you can find me at weasyl.com/~fleetfoot and fleetfoot.deviantart.com). Most of what I post on those sites are 2D/digital illustrative works, but I do knit/crochet/spin a fair bit on days where I don't want to think quite as much while I craft. 
I've moved all over the world, and enjoy traveling. I love animals and nature, and my art definitely reflects this. (Hiking/camping anyone?) I also very much enjoy learning about cultures and languages. I'm less good at the rote memorization part of things, but sign me up for learning odd trivia! I enjoy cooking, traditional folk songs, and contra dancing.

I found SSSS I think through the hiveworks as I was trying to find some new webcomics to get back into and gosh did I fall in love with this one! (It contains many of my favourite things!)
I didn't realize there was a forum until someone in the comics pointed me this way, so here I am!

Cheers~!

Eee ! I love hiking / camping, and folk music too :3

Róisín

« Reply #2182 on: April 04, 2016, 11:40:58 PM »
Hi Juniper! Good to have you here. Quite a number of us hiking/nature/camping/folk music fans here already. The Finnish connection to your part of the world is known, some of the other Michiganders here have mentioned it, and SectoBoss used the idea in a delightful 1920s AU fanfic.

We had several waves of Finnish migration here in Australia too: to Victoria during and after the Goldrush, to Queensland from late 1800s to mid 1950s, here in South Australia from the 1800s to about 1970s.

Looking forward to seeing you about the Forum.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2183 on: April 05, 2016, 12:34:45 AM »
Hi Juniper! Good to have you here. Quite a number of us hiking/nature/camping/folk music fans here already. The Finnish connection to your part of the world is known, some of the other Michiganders here have mentioned it, and SectoBoss used the idea in a delightful 1920s AU fanfic.

We had several waves of Finnish migration here in Australia too: to Victoria during and after the Goldrush, to Queensland from late 1800s to mid 1950s, here in South Australia from the 1800s to about 1970s.

Looking forward to seeing you about the Forum.

Really now ? I know a lot of people even from lower Michigan who don't know about that tidbit so I'm really glad it's known ! It's also meant lotsa friends with saunas in their houses which has been a very wonderful convenience during the winter =p

The SSSS community just keeps on looking more and more wonderful between the love of foreign language / language discussions going on and now apparently lotsa hiking/nature/camping/folk music lovers, this is like a dream come true !

Fleetfoot

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his, they/them/theirs
« Reply #2184 on: April 05, 2016, 03:21:05 AM »
The SSSS community just keeps on looking more and more wonderful between the love of foreign language / language discussions going on and now apparently lotsa hiking/nature/camping/folk music lovers, this is like a dream come true !

Score, I didn't realize that was a thing here, but somehow it makes sense! :D
I'm now picturing a camping trip SSSS forum goers and fans.
Fluent: :uk:/:usa:, :france:
Conversational: :spain:
Beginner: :japan:
Want to learn: :sign:

Róisín

« Reply #2185 on: April 05, 2016, 04:34:09 AM »
Well, we do Minnion Meetups. No reason one can't be a camping trip. Especially if we have people even on the same continent, grumble grumble (I'm in Australia).

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2186 on: April 05, 2016, 06:11:57 AM »
Welcome, Juniper :)
I've also doodled around with trying to learn the violin and harp.
*Sighs* I had loved harp for the few months I had the possibility to learn just a little to play.
Oh, before I forgot, take a welcome cookie ! :squirrelcookie:

Well, we do Minnion Meetups. No reason one can't be a camping trip. Especially if we have people even on the same continent, grumble grumble (I'm in Australia).
Yes we do Minnion Meetups ! :D *Waves from near to Paris* Take a look at the thread and don't hesitate to say if you go here or there, we like to meet the others and for what I lived, it's always good moments :)
*Hugs Róisín* If I go to Australia someday, I'll think to warn you, but... it's not for the next months.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2187 on: April 05, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
Welcome Juniper!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

« Reply #2188 on: April 05, 2016, 09:30:28 AM »
*Hugs Mélusine right back* Tell me if you ever do, you would be welcome to visit!

Lin

• Super-Newbie
  • fwoosh
« Reply #2189 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
Hi, I'm (really extremely) new here (the forum, not the comic).
I was born in Taipei, Taiwan, and have four elder sisters and six cousins, all of whom I'm familiar with. I moved to Hong Kong when I was 18 because the Hong Kong University of Stress and Tension (Science and Technology) in my 3rd year, and I'm studying Economics.

I enjoy hiking, F:NV, BL2, creative writing and various books.

I am fluent in Cantonese, Taiwanese, Mandarin (duh) and English, and have a 2nd grade diploma in playing the alto/baritone saxophone, and also   very rudimentary skills in Spanish and Russian (I can count to one hundred and ask for the menu or a coffee).

I found SSSS via Hiveworks from SMBC.

I am subject to very occasional bursts of idiocy and unwarranted hostility to nice people, usually around 0700 to 0930 (that's what my friends tell me, I have no idea if it's accurate).

I own a pair of kissing gouramis and even though I know they're fighting they still look cute to me.