Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581071 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2160 on: March 25, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »
Welcome aliien and Shepherd! It seems like you will both fit in just fine here. :)

(Shepherd I was that kind of kid too, with an added dash of "that weird girl who draws cats all the time".)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2161 on: March 25, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »
Welcome ot the forum, Shepherd!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2162 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:55 AM »
Hi! I'm Gingey, a 19 year old American college student originally from Texas, but living in North Carolina for college at the moment. I've been into SSSS for a couple of weeks now, after seeing one too many posts about this mysterious Scandinavian webcomic with a heckton of coppertops (MY PEOPLE! GINGERS APLENTY!) and cats (MY FAVES) on Elleth's (vefanyar's) tumblr.

Other nerdy things I'm into: the Silmarillion (and Tolkien in general but it's the Silm that does it for me), Star Wars, a couple of other webcomics like Kill Six Billion Demons and Agents of the Realm, and a smattering of other fandoms. (I'm also into The 100, but what can I say, I've got Bury Your Gays PTSD and I think a little bit of me died with Lexa.)

I'm also deaf, so basically I'd die SO FAST in the Rash apocalypse. "Oh dear, Mr. Troll, I sure didn't hear you coming." *dies* I do hear with bilateral cochlear implants, which basically just means I'm a walking grab bag of cyborg jokes. I am open to any and all questions about my ears! :)

My hobbies include reading (anything, but apparently these days a Scandinavian postapocalyptic webcomic at the stroke of midnight) writing, and best of all KNITTING. I am the proud owner of a pair of US 50 needles (aka the BIG NEEDLES THAT LOOK A LITTLE LIKE STAKES?? MAYBE I WOULD SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE AFTER ALL) and if you ever wonder what I'm doing at any given time, chances are I've got a knitting project in my hands.

I also, as a result of the intensive auditory verbal therapy I went through to learn to listen to speak, am a language sponge, so there's a lot of languages that I've learned, half learned, or am still learning (I haven't listed them all), and I am SUPER EXCITED about linguistics so YEAH!! :D

(....I'm going to stop text-screaming excitedly and let the nice SSSS forum people respond to this monologue...)

Hi! Whatever do you knit with size 50 needles?  It sounds like what you'd use for my lost-since abandoned project recycling computer cords into a steampunk waistcoat.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2163 on: March 27, 2016, 07:31:55 AM »
Guys

since some of the post are part of mythology discussion rather than welcoming newbies, I am going to move them over here.

Also welcome to anyone whom I might have missed while I was on holiday :)

Edit: Rosisin I moved the post you requested me to replace, too ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:57:09 AM by kjeks »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2164 on: March 27, 2016, 09:18:02 AM »
Hi Kjeks! Thank you for moving those posts. One of mine also got misplaced onto the last page of the General Discussion thread, and I would take it as a courtesy if you could also move it for me. It's the one about Maori mythology. Thanks!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #2165 on: March 27, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
Hello all, I'm Shepherd (generally refereed to as 'Shep' or 'YOU') and I'm brand new to the fanforum as of today but have been reading these comics consistently since aRTD got rolling. So I figured it was time to lurk myself out of the shadows and engage with people since y'all seem like a pretty interesting lot.

Welcome aboard, Shep! We're looking forward to getting to know you!
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

SilverTiger

• Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #2166 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »
Hey, all! I'm SilverTiger, but you can call me Silver, Tiger, or whatever is easiest for you! I'm an almost-30-yo currently living in Texas with my roommate/house mate and our two cats. I work for an old folk's home, but I spend my free time messing around on the internet, which is partially how I found this wonderful comic! I've only been reading it a handful of days, but I plan to stick around a whole lot longer than that.

My hobbies include: collecting pixel pets on the internet (I actually found the comic through a dragon-collecting game called Flight Rising), reading many different webcomics on a semi-regular basis, reading other kinds of books whenever I have a spare moment or several, and cross stitch as well as knitting. I do cross stitch more than knitting, and usually when I'm watching youtube or a movie so I can have something to do while I sew.

I noticed a lot of people talking about languages on here, and I have a very very *very* basic knowledge of German. I always meant to study it properly... one day, I guess!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you guys as I start posting around and such.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2167 on: March 29, 2016, 03:08:03 PM »
Hey, all! I'm SilverTiger, but you can call me Silver, Tiger, or whatever is easiest for you! I'm an almost-30-yo currently living in Texas with my roommate/house mate and our two cats. I work for an old folk's home, but I spend my free time messing around on the internet, which is partially how I found this wonderful comic! I've only been reading it a handful of days, but I plan to stick around a whole lot longer than that.

My hobbies include: collecting pixel pets on the internet (I actually found the comic through a dragon-collecting game called Flight Rising), reading many different webcomics on a semi-regular basis, reading other kinds of books whenever I have a spare moment or several, and cross stitch as well as knitting. I do cross stitch more than knitting, and usually when I'm watching youtube or a movie so I can have something to do while I sew.

I noticed a lot of people talking about languages on here, and I have a very very *very* basic knowledge of German. I always meant to study it properly... one day, I guess!

Mushishi ! <3 ... Ahem, sorry. Welcome, SilverTiger :)
With such an introduction, I'm sure you'll find several interesting threads on the forum. Oh, and I was forgetting welcome cookies ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2168 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
Welcome SilverTiger!
Did someone say Mushishi?  :) That's an awesome show. I'm only about 7 ep. in though.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2169 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:46 PM »

Hi, SilverTiger!
Sounds like you'll fit in great. < 3 Welcome aboard.
(ooh, knitting! There are several of us here with that hobby, including myself. < 3 Always nice to see more knitters around.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2170 on: March 29, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
Welcome SilverTiger! Seems like you'll find plenty to interest you here. Also, Flight Rising! That was my major internet hangout before I got completely obsessed with SSSS, hehe. I feel a little guilty, I've sort of abandoned my poor dragons recently.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2171 on: March 29, 2016, 04:35:31 PM »
Welcome, welcome SilverTiger!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

IKEA

« Reply #2172 on: March 29, 2016, 04:47:13 PM »
Wow, there's been a lot of new people in the past week. Welcome all!

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2173 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi there, SilverTiger!

I'm happy to try and answer any questions concerning German, should you pick it up again. :)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2174 on: March 30, 2016, 02:21:43 AM »
Welcome Silver Tiger! Looking forward to seeing you in the Forum and the comments.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!