General > General Discussion Board

The Introduction Thread

<< < (2/976) > >>

JoB:

--- Quote from: kex on October 19, 2014, 02:21:49 PM ---Shouldn't the veterans give an example

--- End quote ---
Well this one here's already too fossilized to do more than pointing you at the Wiki profile of his. :P

(Actually busy getting ready for a long distance car drive tomorrow, sorry. And yes, procrastination is something the veterans here are prone to!)

Silenter:
Hello! I come from the Northeast of US, and two years older then Tuomi. I forgot how I came to read aRTD, but I think it was through some site or something. I haven't been with SSSS in the beginning, but I think I started commenting around page 114, so it's safe to say that I came in quite a bit before that.

I know English fluently, but still need to work on my Korean. I have too many ideas of what I want to do, so I'm sticking with learning German and then continuing Icelandic.

I usually draw, but I also just come up with ideas every now and then - whether it's a set of characters or a story. I'm a not-so-great-in-social-situations person, loves food too much for some reason, and I think I may end up being a therapist.

mithrysc:
Salutations! I hail from the United States, and, since it is apparently fashionable to give one's age in units of Tuomi, am currently older than Tuomi but younger than Lalli. I currently have too much ideas, but try to remedy this by drawing, writing (a little), researching secret languages, and coding. I like to imagine that someday I'll actually have gotten some of those ideas into Real Life form as a bunch of graphic novels. Or webcomics.

I am also an inveterate lurker, and have only recently come out of hiding to post on this forum, though I've been following SSSS since the countdown blog.

OrigamiOwl:
Howdy all!
I would say "g'day" but it's so clichéd and "howdy" sounds more fun ;3
I'm a full-time art/fine arts student and less-full-time farm girl from the "Apple Isle". I was the same age as Emil and Lalli when the comic started, but now I'm a year younger than Tuuri, making me the same age as Mr. Eich down there :P (and also suspecting that our birthdays might be weirdly close O___O but who knows? It's a mystery~ ;P)

I like cute things and nice peacefulness, but equally enjoy the badass side and getting my hands dirty. Literally. Dirt all over everything. It's happened.
Because of my lifestyle I switch between a respectable polite young lady and grime-covered rural lass, so my post-writing can get pretty weird.
I speak English, and hack my way through French, even though I should be fluent by now :P

--- Quote from: JoB on October 19, 2014, 04:08:55 PM ---Well this one here's already too fossilized to do more than pointing you at the Wiki profile of his. :P

(Actually busy getting ready for a long distance car drive tomorrow, sorry. And yes, procrastination is something the veterans here are prone to!)

--- End quote ---

The wiki profile is awesome XD

And....agh...don't I know it ;___;

Hrollo:
I'm Rollo. Superficially it might look like I am really boring, but when you investigate a bit you discover that under it all, I am actually quite depressing and negative.

I say I speak fluent English though that's mostly really true in writing; I understand spoken English fairly well but I don't have a really good accent.

I have studied many other languages but none stuck because I have no motivation to make them stick —English stuck because most of the internet is in English and I'm there everyday. Notably I must have tried to learn Japanese at least 4 times, every time to eventually give up. I'd like to learn Icelandic at some point because it has a really cool spelling system, but I my knowledge of Icelandic culture is basically one film, so that would probably not be enough to motivate me.

Generally I'm good at grammar but bad at vocabulary (I studied Turkish for 3 years and yet could never hold even a basic conversation, because I could never remember the words, even though I knew otherwise how to form complex sentences in proper Turkish, provided I had a dictionary).

I mostly like things no one cares about and mostly dislike things that everyone else likes —I am not doing it on purpose.

My life is going nowhere but I have never lived through misery so there's that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version