Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 571151 times)

Guizguiz

• "Qui pisse au vent se rince les dents"
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3405 on: January 19, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
Hello!
I started reading the comic last year but only discovered the forum recently!
SSSS prompted me to start learning suomi (and dutch which is my dad's mother tongue and has nothing to do with ssss but I actually started learning dutch because of all the different langages in ssss?)
I have a cat (of whom I will post loads of pictures in the pet thread)
And I look forward to participating in the postcard exchange thingy :D

cheers
Guizguiz
:france: and :uk:
Trying to learn my father's language: :netherlands:
And even though I studied it for 8 years, I can only say I like potato salad in :germany:

That Bunny

• Just a bunny which thinks that it is a person.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/or just call me Bunny ;3
« Reply #3406 on: January 19, 2018, 06:09:43 PM »
*ahem* Hello, I'm that Bunny!

I'm quite new to the SSSS world, but totally into it! I got to know about  the SSSS comic through an article on "der Tagesspiegel" (yes, this is german but no, I'm not a german even though I can speak it fluently). Here is the article: http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/comics/jahresrueckblick-hier-gibt-es-weitere-comic-favoriten-unserer-leser/20650620-2.html (- hey I just saw now that the name of the SSSS comic is written wrongly!  O_o) I'm also a reader of Webtoons and Tapastic.

My hobbies are mainly drawing, writing, playing piano, thinking about scinece and reading (books as much as comics! :3). I also plan on being an cartoonist as second job in future so...  :))

And that's it! I think at least...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:37:02 PM by That Bunny »
Fluent: :brazil: :germany: :uk:
Understand something: :france: :spain:
Want to learn: :japan: :finland: :russia:

:chap19:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3407 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
Guizguiz, hello and welcome! Have you found the languages thread yet? You might find it fun. And you will find that many of us are cat lovers. I am much amused by your text.

That Bunny, good to see that you made it over here from the comments! You will find lots of scope for writing and drawing in the Scriptorium and the Art thread. Enjoy!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #3408 on: January 19, 2018, 11:27:04 PM »
Welcome welcome, Antares, susanna, Guizguiz, and That Bunny and anyone else whom I've missed lately! I hope you all enjoy yourselves here :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3409 on: January 20, 2018, 05:54:51 AM »
I'm quite new to the SSSS world, but totally into it! I got to know about  the SSSS comic through an article on "der Tagesspiegel" (yes, this is german but no, I'm not a german even though I can speak it fluently). Here is the article: http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/comics/jahresrueckblick-hier-gibt-es-weitere-comic-favoriten-unserer-leser/20650620-2.html (- hey I just saw now that the name of the SSSS comic is written wrongly!  O_o)
["It is not always possible to tell the characters apart [by their faces]"? a-hem!]

... would you like to add that to the "Minna/SSSS in the news!" thread?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

That Bunny

• Just a bunny which thinks that it is a person.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/or just call me Bunny ;3
« Reply #3410 on: January 20, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »
["It is not always possible to tell the characters apart [by their faces]"? a-hem!]

... would you like to add that to the "Minna/SSSS in the news!" thread?

Yes I found that quite strange, because it's actually very easy to tell the characters apart... but at least I got to know SSSS like this! :D I'll add it to the Minna/SSSS news!

Also thank you for all the warm welcome!
Fluent: :brazil: :germany: :uk:
Understand something: :france: :spain:
Want to learn: :japan: :finland: :russia:

:chap19:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3411 on: January 20, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »
Welcomes to That Bunny, susanna and Guizguiz from me as well!

That Bunny, the Google-translated page from the link spelled it as "Stay Still Stay Silent" which I hope is just a GT malapropism. 
But I agree with JoB that Minna has done an unusually good job with keeping the features of the characters separate, at least when you see them reasonably close up.  (Quite a few will have features so similar, it's only the colouring that distinguishes them.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3412 on: January 20, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum Guizguiz and That Bunny :D :squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3413 on: January 21, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »
It has been ridiculously long since I popped into this thread. A thousand welcomes to all newcomers! Have you been issued with your squirrel cookies yet?  :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Imogen

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3414 on: February 10, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »
I probably should have done this before I started posting stuff but oh well. :/

I'm Imogen and I'm a fashion student from the UK. I started reading ssss in about 2014 but I've only recently felt the need to be on the forums because the latest chapter is pushing my emilalli feels to the max and I needed a safe space to fangirl.

I can't really think of anything else to say but it's been fun having a nosy through some of the threads and I hope if if I post stuff it's not gonna be too annoying :)

refract3d

« Reply #3415 on: February 10, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
Hi and welcome, Imogen! (and all the other people I missed)

Fashion student? That's pretty cool. Do you have a focus?
Native language: :usa:
A little :vaticancity: :japan: Korean
Learning :norway: :spain:

Ask me about cuttlefish!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3416 on: February 10, 2018, 03:12:47 PM »
Welcome to Imogen, that's a mighty long time to have held out!  You'll already know then, that you have plenty of company on the Emilalli ship, it is probably the most popular one.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3417 on: February 10, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Imogen

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3418 on: February 10, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
Hi and welcome, Imogen! (and all the other people I missed)

Fashion student? That's pretty cool. Do you have a focus?

Thank you! I don't really know, I'm only in second year so I'm kind of figuring things out rn. I like knitwear, denim and mixing menswear and womenswear though if that answers your question :)

Welcome to Imogen, that's a mighty long time to have held out!  You'll already know then, that you have plenty of company on the Emilalli ship, it is probably the most popular one.

Thanks! Yeah I know! There's just so much to go on for that ship though, it's very hard not to catch on lol :D

pounce

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3419 on: February 21, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »
你好, I'm pounce!
I've been a visitor of the #ssss IRC channel for quite awhile now (greater than a year), but I've neglected to actually create a forum account until now. So, I won't be surprised if a few people know me.  ;)
I've lived all over the US, and have visited France, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Brazil. I love to travel as well as be outside, so I may be visiting the meetup forum sometime.  :P
I'm a webcomic fiend—reading 16 different comics at the moment and looking for more! I found SSSS two years ago by accident, and devoured it along with aRTD. Still, I find SSSS minnions to be wonderful and I love this community more than the others.
For those language nerds, I speak English fluently and French much less so. I have many other flings (Norwegian, Vietnamese and Mandarin for example), but only feel comfortable in the former. I dream that one day I'll be able to learn enough to move to another country for good.
I also love reading, music, programming, math and everything cute, but this is getting long so I'll cut it off here.