Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 563583 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3285 on: October 22, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »
Welcome, freckledtears and anarchdovey! I hope you enjoy it here!

And welcome back, Talvis!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

tulikokko

• Tumblr
  • kiwi in finland, weird bird person
« Reply #3286 on: November 01, 2017, 05:13:05 AM »
Hello! I've already introduced myself over in the Language Introduction thread but was told it would be a good idea to post here too. I started reading SSSS about two weeks ago, by which I mean I read through the entire comic in 24 hours, then most of the fic on Ao3, then the entire tumblr tag, then started planning a D&D campaign with some pals based on the setting...

I've noticed that a bunch of you here are learning Finnish, I moved to Finland about 9 months ago so am of course learning the language myself. (I think I properly fell in love with SSSS when they went through the Tampere-Nokia exclusion zone, because that's where I'm living now and the building outlines by Tammerkoski are still a little recognisable in the comic!) I just started a combination Finnish learning/Onni appreciation blog at onnenlintu.tumblr.com and if I can help anyone out let me know, it's good practise for me too. You're probably more likely to reach me there because it's been years since I was regularly on forums and I'm more a tumblr person now. Please come talk to me about grammatical cases and whether or not you also think Onni does his endearingly terrible mullet himself with a puukko and no mirror.

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3287 on: November 01, 2017, 05:43:43 AM »
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3288 on: November 01, 2017, 06:59:09 AM »
Tulikokko, hello and welcome. And you know, you could be right about Onni's hairdo. I had wondered whether he cut it himself!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3289 on: November 01, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
Welcome welcome to all the new people!  (tbh, I'm too overloaded to really go back and get all the names I've missed individually, but I love you all)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3290 on: November 03, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
*waves* (no pun intended  :? )  Hello and welcome to tulikokko, with whom I've been corresponding on Tumblr!  Onni and Finnish appreciation are always welcome around here.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
  • Hapless ham-fisted French
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #3291 on: November 04, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
Welcome tulikokko :D
And I really like your tumblr by the way  :3
Default settings: :france:
Oddly more or less mastered : :uk:
Studied it five years and still can't speak a word: :spain:
Seriously studying and can swear in this language: :german:

Lyric

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3292 on: November 04, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »
Hey there! :D I'm generally referred to as Lyric across these "interwebs". I've been reading SSSS since its debut, but for some reason have only starting participating in the comment section and forum this year! This community seems really kind and supportive. :) I'm an aspiring cryptologic linguist who is currently meandering through Spanish and Japanese. I have just returned from working and living in Yellowstone National Park for two and a half months. Being there, I loved how I was surrounded by all kinds of different cultures and languages; it was definitely a one-of-a-kind experience! So, of course I enjoy traveling, but I haven't visited too many places yet, including all of the countries in SSSS (I know, what a tragedy  :'( )!

I've grown up adoring animals. I have two cats and two chickens. Additionally, I used to volunteer at a wildcat preserve, which included working with the resident lynxes (nope, none of them were named "Lalli")! One of my favorite things to do there was to sketch the cats in person. <3 So yes, art is a passion of mine like so many of you here. :) I work on visual art and cosplay whenever the motivation strikes (usually two weeks before a convention for the latter :'D ). Naturally, I dream of cosplaying from SSSS someday as either Reynir or Tuuri!

Finally, I'm obsessed with creating characters and stories, so I find original tabletop roleplaying loads of fun with the right people! I'm not involved in a game at the moment, but I'm tentatively looking for a modern setting (preferably World of Darkness) that will take my face blind, discharged Army veteran who owns seventeen cats. :3 /end rambling
Native: :usa:
Learning: :mexico: :japan:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3293 on: November 05, 2017, 12:09:00 AM »
Lyric, hello and welcome! You should fit right in here!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3294 on: November 05, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »
Welcome Lyric !
(and I'm always glad to see some other table top roleplay game :D )

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3295 on: November 05, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
Hey there! :D
Hallo and welcome to the forum Lyric :D
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

tulikokko

• Tumblr
  • kiwi in finland, weird bird person
« Reply #3296 on: November 05, 2017, 05:19:17 PM »
Welcome tulikokko :D
And I really like your tumblr by the way  :3

Aaah thank you! Are you on there? I will follow :D

Lyric

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3297 on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

And aaaahhhh, awesome! ^^ Tabletop rping is a blast! Do you play World of Darkness too, Roulietta? :)
Native: :usa:
Learning: :mexico: :japan:

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3298 on: November 07, 2017, 03:29:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

And aaaahhhh, awesome! ^^ Tabletop rping is a blast! Do you play World of Darkness too, Roulietta? :)

I play mostly to Les Ombres d'Esteren (its a french one), and I'm currently GM on a Dragon Age campain *-*. So much possibilities on tabletop rpg (and sometimes really weird ones)

Aaah thank you! Are you on there? I will follow :D
I may have an account on tumblr, but I was never really active, I just enjoy follow people with very cool content *-*

Johniny

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3299 on: November 07, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've been reading SSSS for a few years now and I have finally decided to join the forum just in case I'd want to say something. I'm from Slovakia, a little Slavic country between Austria, Poland and Hungary. I do prefer being called Johny or something similar since my name is usually translated from my native language to English as such. I read a lot in English, but I rarely speak or write so feel free to correct me.  At the moment I study psychology at a university, but my time is coming to an end.
Besides SSSS I do enjoy reading other webcomics, SPAM-SSSS (I'm a secret fan for some time), light hiking and talking about various topics (from linguistics to physics). In the past, I also participated in few larps so I enjoy some roleplaying and appreciate when someone takes time to make cosplay.
Native: :slovakia: | Understand: :uk: :czech: | Learning: :france: | Emergency: :poland: