General > General Discussion Board

The Introduction Thread

(1/976) > >>

Nimphy:
On kind suggestion of someone whose name I always forget! Presentation board for the newbies to introduce themselves and thus take the first step in becoming veterans! Welcome to this wonderful community - and remember to respect you elders and your eldúr!*

*All references to SSSS, Emil, Icelandic, and certain Disqus comments are purely incidental.

kjeks:
Shouldn't the veterans give an example on what information should be basically given? I mean it's nice that I can tell that I've come here via a search through other webcomics, read a Red Tails Dream and don't read many other webcomics (except goblins thanks to you Nimphy and xkcd). But now with that information you wouldn't know where I come from (ok, it's obvious in my signature ;) ), how old I am, if I'm working and so on.

I'll start :) How I got to reading SSSS I've already said. I'm nearly 28 years old by now and work as a teacher for children with different behavioral disorders. I'm not fully done yet, my final exam will be in february. Besides being on the internet I try to learn several languages which could be usefull on my job.

I'm Editing this for Nimphy :):

Hallo Nimphy. Ich habe im November Geburtstag. Ich fotografiere gerne. Ich lese auch sehr viel. Die meisten Bücher sind auf Englisch. Ich sitze nicht gerne rum und jogge sehr viel. Joggen gehe ich am liebsten im Wald. Viel Spaß beim Übersetzen.

Nimphy:
Right! So obviously I'm Nimphy, as everyone can see. (Expecting a chorus of "Hi, Nimphy" a la therapy session now) I'm a silly Albanian girl who lives in Italy, speaks English whenever she can, is learning German and Norwegian, watches anime in Japanese because she can't stand dubs of any sort, and has a list of to-learn languages which is bigger than her. I'm currently one year younger than Tuomi, aka half Kex's age. That means you'll all die before I do. (Be kind and polite around the little innocent child, everyone!) I'm apparently a future scientist (or doctor or mathematician or something else), as I'm in a scientific high school, but I could care less about things that require cold reasoning. I'm also humble as a peacock.

Edit for Kex:

Heh, I'm kinda ashamed to admit I only understood about half of what you said (I'm pretty sure I grasped the general concept, but not the exact meaning of the sentences word-per-word) by reading it a few times. I've been learning German for what, a month now? I feel like I should be already able to understand all of that :(

But hey, thanks for the effort!

Fenris:
Well, I'm a twenty-one year old Norwegian. Dropped out of high-school, although planning on getting a journeymanship in smithing/metalworking then possibly expanding on it by studying history at a university if possible. I live on a farm, and I know English and Norwegian, had about three years of German (which I'm trying to brush up on) and learning Russian. Found SSSS kinda randomly, saw someone mention it in another forum, then decided to check it out not that long ago. After reading through the archive, I read through aRTD, and so here I went, although I do not post that often.

StellersJayC:
     Hello! I'm a girl from the west coast of the United States - which is apparently very obvious - and am currently one year older than Tuomi. I accidentaly clicked the link for aRTD back during chapters three and four and was hooked instantly. I haunted the comment section everyday from the moment of it's integration but only actually commented twice - under two different names. I've been much more active since the start of SSSS.
     I know English and am working on learning German - I am redicuously excited that I can easily understand your paragraph, kex - and cannot spell in any language. At least German usually follows its own spelling rules.
      Other than that I enjoy reading and writing, can play clarinet, dislike inconveniencing people, wish spell check was working, and am also apparently going to be a scientist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version