Author Topic: Foreign Scriptorium  (Read 1124 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Foreign Scriptorium
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:58:30 PM »
Soooo since I found no suitable thread, here I come! I just wrote a story in Italian and wanted to share it. Learners, I leave this to you!
Keep in mind that the parts by Giulia are written like one would speak, which is not exactly grammatically correct for the most part. Also, I wrote this with a contest in mind, so I didn't bother keeping it simple. Dictionaries at hand and here you go!

As for the thread, feel free to share stories in any language written by you, be it your native language or a secondary one!

EDIT: Edited to make the link go to my fake email account instead of the real one.

PS: Keep in mind that I wrote this for other people, meaning it's not exactly one of my best works, or how I usually write.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:02:35 AM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

P__

Re: Foreign Scriptorium
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »
yay!
will read that tonight, see how horrible my italian has become.
Maybe I could try to contribute and write in portuguese, it would do me good. But maybe that would make me wory too much about my lack of thesis-progress :/ we'll see how long the break gets
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 04:59:10 AM »
As I'm trying to find time to edit my NaNo-draft, this might be an extra motivation. So hopefully I'll post the first chapter(s) here in some time. :)

Nimphy, I didn't understand the headline (not without a dictionary), but I got the first two sentences alright. Yay! I'll try to read on...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:01:10 AM by Fen Shen »
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

P__

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »
hello
read your text as announced, nim; just forgot to comment.
I liked it, the division in several parts was well done and it flowed well (as far as I can tell). I like how it goes  :-[ ->  :o ->  :'( ->  :) -> D: ->  :D
I got a bit confused about hospital-boy though, why did he end up there?
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »
hello
read your text as announced, nim; just forgot to comment.
I liked it, the division in several parts was well done and it flowed well (as far as I can tell). I like how it goes  :-[ ->  :o ->  :'( ->  :) -> D: ->  :D
I got a bit confused about hospital-boy though, why did he end up there?

There was a scene with hospital-boy? It was supposed to be completely deleted... There should've been only the messages... Ah well. Truth is, a friend of mine (called Sofia, coincidentally  ;)) recently lost a friend to cancer, I believe. I didn't want to inquire too much why he died. She said she wanted to write about it, but she couldn't do it, and when I asked her if I could do it instead she said it would've mad her very happy, sooo... Yeah. Hospital boy.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: