Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46914 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2021, 02:54:11 PM »
Right.
Everybody seems to be up and about, which is nice. From the bridge, Saga can see Dísa in some kind of distress, half of the crew singing, and a group of people on the wharf, saluting to the ship as they depart. Her brother and Lief gave her a final wave...
No.
Not final, because she will return.
She goes around Marrianne, checking the equipment all over the bridge. After consulting with the maps, sonar and weather equipment, she gives her detailed instructions at what speed to keep the ship at what points, which direction to set a course for and for how long, and to inform her as soon as something unexpected happens.
After that flood of information, she leaves it to her to handling her duty and/or setting an autopilot.
She takes a seat in her little corner for everything on the ship and around the ship. Radio, sonar, maps, weather, all info showing up around her and telling her that everything is fine and nothing is happening.
For a moment, she considers wearing a mask. She has it with her for emergencies or course, but should she consider herself to be in a permanent state of emergency...?
No, that would be kinda dumb.
She will put it on when something starts to happen, like an attack.
Until then, she will keep an eye on everything and knit.

Oliver spots James, Sara and Emily on the wharf and waves, shouting  :sct: "I got Baldrick, thanks, hope the rest of the tour goes well, i'll get the mage to send a postcard if they can."

Hmmm... with everything working as intended, Saga knits in the corner and studies maps and other information she has. Every major city by the coast is a point of interest, but the issue is, there is quite a lot.
She decides to work step by step.
She gets up and steps on the deck. "Alergo, Oliver, can you come for one more moment, please?"
Decisions must be made.

--------------------------------------------------------
Back on the wharf, on his way back to the office, Leif sneezes.

...maybe he should've wore some warmer clothes.

:eng: "Coming" and he walks into the bridge
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »
"Uh, right. So" she says, heading back to her station. "Here I have the maps and points of interest. Oliver, since you're a scout and a native, I'd assume you have some idea about how safe or dangerous these areas might be..."
She takes a nice map showing British Isles in great detail and places it on top of everything else.
"And Alergo is the captain, so he should probably have the final word. Right?"
Right. She takes a knitting needle and starts pointing at things.
"Aberdeen - coastal, has a university potentially full of books that should, according to Old World information, be reasonably close to the coast so we wouldn't have to go deep into the city. Reasonably close to the quickest route through the Northern Sea.
Dundee - coastal, university which is close to the coast, potentially dangerous because of how close the ship will go to land of the bay. Would require significant course adjustments.
Edinburgh - coastal, university outside the city, likely extremely dangerous due to the pre-Rash population size. Requires major course adjustments.
Sunderland - coastal, university right next to the river. Reasonably close to the quickest route through Northern Sea.
Uhh... a bunch of lesser towns and cities I don't think are worth the potential danger... and London. Probably extremely dangerous.
...any ideas? Recommendations? Orders? I'd say we shouldn't visit more than two cities if we plan to keep on track."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2021, 03:24:29 PM »
Harald glances at Svenny. :fi: "Seasick," he pronounces shortly, mopping up the mess.

Leo arches an eyebrow as he carefully cleans Svenny up from the vomit to check for any other signs of distress from the cat.

'...We have seasickness meds, but they're meant for people... would have to math out the dosage for an animal this small.'
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2021, 11:25:35 AM »
Harald finishes mopping up the cat puke, puts the mop and bucket away, and looks the Disa and Leo over. :fi: "I need to set a few things right, alone," he says bluntly. "Please leave. I will be back shortly."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #424 on: March 19, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »
Harald finishes mopping up the cat puke, puts the mop and bucket away, and looks the Disa and Leo over. :fi: "I need to set a few things right, alone," he says bluntly. "Please leave. I will be back shortly."

Leo nods, carefully cradles Svenny and carries the cat out of the forge.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #425 on: March 20, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »
Doc leans out over the railing as they leave, searching for his sister even though he knows she;s busy at work. Then, he turns back to the rest of the ship...

Is there still coffee left? He heads down to the kitchens, walking through the hallways in search of something to wake himself up more fully.

Spoiler: ooc • show

if you want seasickness meds, doc's got em. although they may or may not be suitable for a cat
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #426 on: March 20, 2021, 12:20:24 PM »
Leo nods, carefully cradles Svenny and carries the cat out of the forge.

Dísa only understood parts of what Harald said, but as Leo took it as a que to leave, she follows him outside as well, taking the waterbowl with her.

Doc leans out over the railing as they leave, searching for his sister even though he knows she;s busy at work. Then, he turns back to the rest of the ship...

Is there still coffee left? He heads down to the kitchens, walking through the hallways in search of something to wake himself up more fully.

Spoiler: ooc • show

if you want seasickness meds, doc's got em. although they may or may not be suitable for a cat

As they reach the galley, the doc is there too. He can probably help Svenny, right?

":is: Hello Ludvig! Uh... we have a bit of a situation here. Do you have medicine or something for seasick cats?"

She points at Svenny in Leo´s arms.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #427 on: March 20, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »
Behind the closed door to the forge, there's a sudden smell of burning sage and rosemary that vanishes as quickly as it arrives. Harald emerges from the forge looking marginally less grumpy than he normally does.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2021, 01:04:34 PM »
Dísa only understood parts of what Harald said, but as Leo took it as a que to leave, she follows him outside as well, taking the waterbowl with her.

As they reach the galley, the doc is there too. He can probably help Svenny, right?

":is: Hello Ludvig! Uh... we have a bit of a situation here. Do you have medicine or something for seasick cats?"

She points at Svenny in Leo´s arms.

:is: "What?" Doc looks like a deer in the headlights, holding his coffee, as he stares between the cat and his crewmembers.

"Ah....Follow me. I may have something? Although I have never treated a cat before. We may have to weigh Svenny, to see what the proper dosage would be." He rubs his chin. They had gone over what was hazardous to cats in basic training, since troops dealt with cats so often, so as long as the medicine didn't have any of that in it...

He starts to walk towards his room, which he's retrofitted to be somewhat like an infirmary.

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

doorcf

« Reply #429 on: March 20, 2021, 03:44:58 PM »
"Uh, right. So" she says, heading back to her station. "Here I have the maps and points of interest. Oliver, since you're a scout and a native, I'd assume you have some idea about how safe or dangerous these areas might be..."
She takes a nice map showing British Isles in great detail and places it on top of everything else.
"And Alergo is the captain, so he should probably have the final word. Right?"
Right. She takes a knitting needle and starts pointing at things.
"Aberdeen - coastal, has a university potentially full of books that should, according to Old World information, be reasonably close to the coast so we wouldn't have to go deep into the city. Reasonably close to the quickest route through the Northern Sea.
Dundee - coastal, university which is close to the coast, potentially dangerous because of how close the ship will go to land of the bay. Would require significant course adjustments.
Edinburgh - coastal, university outside the city, likely extremely dangerous due to the pre-Rash population size. Requires major course adjustments.
Sunderland - coastal, university right next to the river. Reasonably close to the quickest route through Northern Sea.
Uhh... a bunch of lesser towns and cities I don't think are worth the potential danger... and London. Probably extremely dangerous.
...any ideas? Recommendations? Orders? I'd say we shouldn't visit more than two cities if we plan to keep on track."
Alergo gives thoughts to all the options, as much as his job was risky itself Alergo had learned that sometimes caution was more important than bravery

:dk: "I think Aberdeen and Sunderland are our best options, we won't have to deviate much from the fastest travel route".

Solokov

« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2021, 05:00:59 PM »
:is: "What?" Doc looks like a deer in the headlights, holding his coffee, as he stares between the cat and his crewmembers.

"Ah....Follow me. I may have something? Although I have never treated a cat before. We may have to weigh Svenny, to see what the proper dosage would be." He rubs his chin. They had gone over what was hazardous to cats in basic training, since troops dealt with cats so often, so as long as the medicine didn't have any of that in it...

He starts to walk towards his room, which he's retrofitted to be somewhat like an infirmary.

Leo nods along as Doc mentions never treating a cat for seasickness before, ":is: most of my patients, people usually.... some horses and dogs, never seasick. trauma... trolls... accidents.. seasick is new."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #431 on: March 21, 2021, 06:08:24 AM »
As the land recedes from view and salt breeze rustles her short hair, Marianne realizes how much she's missed the sea.   The past nine months were by far the longest stretch she's spent on land since joining the Navy at 15, and while shore life has obvious advantages--like privacy, better food, and the cat colony--it feels oddly like she's come home.

Mia, trembling slightly and clinging to Marianne's shoulder, eyes huge, gazes around and gives an unusually quiet "Miiiiii..."

Now that they're well beyond the crowded harbor, Marianne can afford to take both hands off the tiller to comfort the little cat.

"It's a lot, huh.  I know.  It's okay.  Just don't--"

The scent of vomit reaches her nose from somewhere below deck.

Of course at least one of those landlubbers would puke less than twenty minutes out.

"...That," she tells Mia.  "Smell that?  Don't do it."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:11:18 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #432 on: March 21, 2021, 08:46:08 AM »
Leo nods along as Doc mentions never treating a cat for seasickness before, ":is: most of my patients, people usually.... some horses and dogs, never seasick. trauma... trolls... accidents.. seasick is new."

Dísa nods too. ":is: Yeah, I mean I worked with cats on boats a lot before, but the ones that are supposed to work on water are usually trained on boats to get used to it. I don´t think I ever saw one that got seasick."
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »

Dísa nods too. ":is: Yeah, I mean I worked with cats on boats a lot before, but the ones that are supposed to work on water are usually trained on boats to get used to it. I don´t think I ever saw one that got seasick."

Doc nods along as he opens the door to his room. :is: "Perhaps something else is the matter?"

The room is a bit of a mess, but everything is labelled; a trunk is open on one side, and he's stacked boxes of medication on a shelf. A set of decontamination equipment is on top of a table. "Please, place the cat on the table if you think he'll stay still. I'll check through the anti-nausea medication we have."

He scratches at his chin, poking through boxes. "Meclizine, maybe? It's what we have for motion sickness..." He checks on the back for dosages and warnings, waiting to see how the cat is behaving.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #434 on: March 21, 2021, 01:40:42 PM »
Alergo gives thoughts to all the options, as much as his job was risky itself Alergo had learned that sometimes caution was more important than bravery

:dk: "I think Aberdeen and Sunderland are our best options, we won't have to deviate much from the fastest travel route".

:no: "I see" she says. :is: "Oliver, captain says we should stop by Aberdeen and Sunderland. Do you have any insight to give on those places?"

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de: