Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46917 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2020, 02:57:38 PM »

Saga checks his card and it seems to be in order. :is: "Leif, this man would like to join the expedition as our commander" she says. :is:  "What's his deal?""Platoon sergeant in Östersund... he doesn't have the documents with him, but they're at his place."Leif takes the card from her, checking it out as well. He'd know better than her if it was faked, of course he'd want to have a look at it. "I'm assuming he doesn't speak Icelandic. Tell him you and I will go with him to discuss it all. He can join us for lunch, if he wants to. My treat.""Right." She repeats what Leif said in Norwegian, giving him his card back. She kinda wishes Leif takes back the translator he dismissed yesterday on the grounds he won't need him anymore... oh well. It's not like it was that big of a problem, really. And since she was voted to be a commander by the group, it probably means she will be second in command if he takes over... she might as well get to know him properly, right?

:dk: "Name's Alergo, pleased to meet you" - says Alergo taking an unused chair and sitting down and then nods back the man that nodded at him

Oliver turns to look at Alergo, and given the newcomer's military bearing and job title, says with moderate formality  :dk: "Lance-Corporal Oliver Harwood, Barra company, scout corps" in correct but rather accented Danish.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2020, 03:58:42 PM »
:dk: "Name's Alergo, pleased to meet you" - says Alergo taking an unused chair and sitting down and then nods back the man that nodded at him

Oliver turns to look at Alergo, and given the newcomer's military bearing and job title, says with moderate formality  :dk: "Lance-Corporal Oliver Harwood, Barra company, scout corps" in correct but rather accented Danish.

Well, everyone else seems to be introducing themselves. Might as well. :no: "My name is Harald. I'm the blacksmith," he says stoically.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2020, 08:11:59 PM »

Oh, introductions. Right. Doc wipes his hands off on his napkin, then wipes off his face. Without realizing, he's just spread lamb sauce over his left cheek.

:dk: "Ludvig Nyman," he says. "Technically Doctor Ludvig Nyman, although of course you don't need to be formal.... I'm a medic. For this expedition. I'm the expedition's medic." He's been talking too long. He shuts up, letting everyone else introduce themselves.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2020, 09:36:56 PM »
Since Dísa only got the Icelandic part of the conversation, and now finally picks up on the fact that the others seem confused by their helmswoman having a kitten in her pocket, she asks,

":is: Is she your cat? Will she be coming on the trip?" Wait. You don´t know this person. Be polite and introduce yourself. "Uhm, sorry. I´m Dísa. And you are?" She reaches out her hand over the table.

Marianne returns the handshake.

:is: "Marianne.  I guess she is now.  I just found her an hour ago.  Her mom's probably dead and the local colony were being dicks."

The kitten squirms out of her jacket, still yelling her head off.  Fortunately, a small plate of what looks like chopped organs arrives right about then.  Approximately 30 seconds later, the plate is empty and the kitten is curled up on Marianne's napkin. 
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #274 on: December 30, 2020, 02:22:08 AM »

With the introductions making their way around the table, Leo gives a curt nod when it's his appropriate time to speak and introduces himself, :fi: "Corporal Leo Kalsea, paramedic on leave out of the Kotlin resource extraction grid."

He returns his attention to the remains of his lunch.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:10:49 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »

With the introductions making their way around the table, Leo gives a curt nod when it's his appropriate time to speak and introduces himself, :fi: "Corporal Leo Kalsea, paramedic on leave out of the Kotlin resource extraction grid."

He returns his attention to the remains of his lunch.

Oh, she´s ment to introduce herself to the newcomer too?

":is: Dísa Ánnsdóttir as you probably heard, Seiðkona sorry I don´t know what this means in Norwegian..."

Is this helping? Probably not. But Seiðkona is a pretty universal word, he´ll understand.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2020, 02:06:06 PM »
Marianne returns the handshake.

:is: "Marianne.  I guess she is now.  I just found her an hour ago.  Her mom's probably dead and the local colony were being dicks."

The kitten squirms out of her jacket, still yelling her head off.  Fortunately, a small plate of what looks like chopped organs arrives right about then.  Approximately 30 seconds later, the plate is empty and the kitten is curled up on Marianne's napkin.

Cute kitten~ <3

Oh, she´s meant to introduce herself to the newcomer too?

":is: Dísa Ánnsdóttir as you probably heard, Seiðkona sorry I don´t know what this means in Norwegian..."

Is this helping? Probably not. But Seiðkona is a pretty universal word, he´ll understand.

:is: "Don't worry, Dísa, I'll translate for you" Saga assures her. :no: "Dísa is our mage. She's not very fluent in Norwegian." With that, she returns to her meal again.
:is: "Danish... I don't like it. If he starts with some atheistic ideas, don't let it stop you from drawing runes or doing other magic stuff for security" Leif tells the two of them.
"I wasn't planning to. Divination will be very important when I'm deciding on the route."
"Good."
Another man enters the restaurant, spots Leif and gives him a piece of paper before leaving.
"Another telegram...?" Saga asks, trying to have a look.
Leif folds it in half and puts it away. "Not for you. You will have to go speak to Alergo on your own, I have something to do in the office. Dísa, it involves you, too. When we finish the meal, you're coming with me."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2021, 04:17:42 AM »
Marianne belatedly notices that most of the others are either done eating or nearly so, orders "whatever's fastest" for herself, wolfs down what turns out to be lamb, and finally catches up on what everyone else is talking about.

Wait, WHAT?

:no: "Hey," she says to Harald, "are they SERIOUSLY about to hire some random duckin' guy they just met to be our captain?  Or did I miss something?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »
Marianne belatedly notices that most of the others are either done eating or nearly so, orders "whatever's fastest" for herself, wolfs down what turns out to be lamb, and finally catches up on what everyone else is talking about.

Wait, WHAT?

:no: "Hey," she says to Harald, "are they SERIOUSLY about to hire some random duckin' guy they just met to be our captain?  Or did I miss something?"

:no: "I think that with short notice, they will take who they can get," Harald replies. "So, yes. Do not worry. We can always tie him to the mast if he proves incompetent." He smiles slightly.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2021, 11:42:21 AM »
Cute kitten~ <3

:is: "Don't worry, Dísa, I'll translate for you" Saga assures her. :no: "Dísa is our mage. She's not very fluent in Norwegian." With that, she returns to her meal again.

Dísa also returns to her meal, but gets distracted by the kitten again. Poor Kitty, all alone... Well, Marianne sure will take care of her. And more cats on a mission into the Silent World are always good.

:is: "Danish... I don't like it. If he starts with some atheistic ideas, don't let it stop you from drawing runes or doing other magic stuff for security" Leif tells the two of them.
"I wasn't planning to. Divination will be very important when I'm deciding on the route."
"Good."
Another man enters the restaurant, spots Leif and gives him a piece of paper before leaving.
"Another telegram...?" Saga asks, trying to have a look.
Leif folds it in half and puts it away. "Not for you. You will have to go speak to Alergo on your own, I have something to do in the office. Dísa, it involves you, too. When we finish the meal, you're coming with me."

Dísa looks up when she hears her name being spoken. ":is: Hm...? Uh, ok."

She isn´t hungry anymore anyways. She still has some left-overs, but decides to just carry them with her. Their boat surely has a fridge. If not, maybe their other cat likes lamb. The next time the waiter passes the crew´s table she asks for a bag to put the food in. Then she turns back to Leif.

"I´d be done. What do you need me for?"

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2021, 01:50:38 PM »
:no: "I think that with short notice, they will take who they can get," Harald replies. "So, yes. Do not worry. We can always tie him to the mast if he proves incompetent." He smiles slightly.

:no: "Please also consider the fact that we will not hire him if he's incompetent. It's a job interview, it's not decided just yet" Saga says. Which she'll have to do on her own... because Leif is up to something...

She's torn between feeling bad for having to do an interview on her own for the second time today, and this time completely alone, without Leif, and feeling bad about the fact that Leif was up to something. When Leif is up to something, nothing good comes from it. Not when he doesn't feel like telling her about it.

...whatever. She quickly finishes her meal to not keep people waiting.

Dísa also returns to her meal, but gets distracted by the kitten again. Poor Kitty, all alone... Well, Marianne sure will take care of her. And more cats on a mission into the Silent World are always good.

Dísa looks up when she hears her name being spoken. ":is: Hm...? Uh, ok."

She isn´t hungry anymore anyways. She still has some left-overs, but decides to just carry them with her. Their boat surely has a fridge. If not, maybe their other cat likes lamb. The next time the waiter passes the crew´s table she asks for a bag to put the food in. Then she turns back to Leif.

"I´d be done. What do you need me for?"

While she's packing up, Leif pays for everything the group ate. :is: "Not here, in the office. Saga, deal with our Sergeant. Let's go."

:no: "Right. Uh, Sergeant Alergo, I would like to see your papers, please. Lead the way" she says, getting up.

Leif leaves the restaurant.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:22:59 PM by Kitty »

doorcf

« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »
While she's packing up, Leif pays for everything the group ate. :is: "Not here, in the office. Saga, deal with Lieutenant. Let's go."

:no: "Right. Uh, Lieutenant Alergo, I would like to see your papers, please. Lead the way" she says, getting up.

Alergo also get up and looks at Saga

:dk: "Ok then, follow me" says Alergo and starts guiding Saga to the place he is staying at

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2021, 06:24:36 PM »
Alergo also get up and looks at Saga

:dk: "Ok then, follow me" says Alergo and starts guiding Saga to the place he is staying at

Saga follows him, trying to think of something to break the proverbial ice.

Conversation conversation conversation

Come on, she can do it.

:no: "So, uh... Have you been in Iceland for long?" she tries.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2021, 07:29:49 PM »
:no: "Please also consider the fact that we will not hire him if he's incompetent. It's a job interview, it's not decided just yet" Saga says. Which she'll have to do on her own... because Leif is up to something...

She's torn between feeling bad for having to do an interview on her own for the second time today, and this time completely alone, without Leif, and feeling bad about the fact that Leif was up to something. When Leif is up to something, nothing good comes from it. Not when he doesn't feel like telling her about it.

...whatever. She quickly finishes her meal to not keep people waiting.

While she's packing up, Leif pays for everything the group ate. :is: "Not here, in the office. Saga, deal with our Sergeant. Let's go."

:no: "Right. Uh, Sergeant Alergo, I would like to see your papers, please. Lead the way" she says, getting up.

Dísa sais goodbye to the others and follows Leif to the office. She does wonder what he wants from here all of a sudden. She just hopes it´s nothing serious. And nothing that might keep her from going on this mission last minute. She also still has the rest of the runes to tend to. And there was this pastry-store she saw on her way to the port. The bit of money she did take with her should be just enough for one or two things...

doorcf

« Reply #284 on: January 02, 2021, 02:01:59 AM »
Saga follows him, trying to think of something to break the proverbial ice.

Conversation conversation conversation

Come on, she can do it.

:no: "So, uh... Have you been in Iceland for long?" she tries.

:dk: "Not really" answers Alergo "I just arrived yesterday which is why I was asking for directions"

"So what gave you guys the idea to start an expedition?"