Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46919 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »
Saga quickly reads through the papers and exhales, clearly relieved. Alright, she now had more better evidence of Harald than his faulty passport. :no: "Yes, you and I need to talk to Leif. He needs to deal with the bureaucracy regarding your illegal border crossing." A few people will certainly get fired. Or, at the very least, demoted. "After that, you have to sign a contract with Leif regarding this expedition, and then you will definitely be a member of the crew. I can translate for you when we get to that... You don't speak Icelandic, right?"

:no: "Illegal..." Harald sighs deeply. "Very well. No, I do not speak Icelandic."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
Leo yawns as he climbs aboard the "Leif's And", already regretting his decision to not refill his coffee back at the office as he quietly walks about the boat to have a look at the facilities it has.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »
:no: "Uh, go check if the engine is fully operational and all that, please. Full inspection. If there's something wrong, report it immediately. Check the solar panels on the deck, too" Saga tell her.

Astrid walks over to inspect the engine. She pokes around a bit, but doesn't find anything too problematic, it looks operational and well maintained. The solar panels on deck look fine as well but they are a bit grimy, so she wipes them off with her sleeves. She bounds back down to the forge to report to Saga.

:no: "Everything looks fine Captain. Is there anything else you need me to do?"

Spoiler: show
I'm going to assume that everything is peachy, but if we want to have a problem with the ship, just tell me and I can edit this. :P
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
Harald nods. :no: "You're captain," he says declaratively. He stands, puts on his pack, and picks up his anvil. :no: "I will see you all at Dock Five," he says.
Anyone with particularly sharp eyes might notice the slightest of limps with his left leg as the big man leaves the office and makes his way to the dock.

At the proclamation from Harald, Doc lets himself sigh in relief.

His journey over to Dock five is... slower than most. He gets easily distracted by some large fish that are being brought in for market, wanting to dissect them, and only forces himself to speed up at the last minute.

Hurrying onto the ship, he's impressed by the amount of space for each crewmember- he sticks his baggage in the nearest empty room, then hurries to look around, attempting to act like he never fell behind in the first place. Doc? Late? Never.

After poking through the storage, and looking at some of the medical equipment, he catches up with the group in time to catch Saga and Harald having a conversation about... paperwork... in the forge. He looks around at the area, interested in the equipment but too cautious to touch anything just yet- he's a biologist, not an engineer. Or a blacksmith.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2020, 06:27:49 PM »
:no: "Illegal..." Harald sighs deeply. "Very well. No, I do not speak Icelandic."

:no: "No, no, don't worry. Someone messed up on the way. Leif will deal with this easily. I just have to speak to a few other people before we go and see him, alright?" He is a competent blacksmith. And has proper papers... kinda. And wants to come along. They'll deal with this.

Astrid walks over to inspect the engine. She pokes around a bit, but doesn't find anything too problematic, it looks operational and well maintained. The solar panels on deck look fine as well but they are a bit grimy, so she wipes them off with her sleeves. She bounds back down to the forge to report to Saga.

:no: "Everything looks fine Captain. Is there anything else you need me to do?"

Spoiler: show
I'm going to assume that everything is peachy, but if we want to have a problem with the ship, just tell me and I can edit this. :P

Saga turns to Astrid and gives her a friendly smile. :no: "Yes, I will need to know how fast does the engine recharge on solar power... I would prefer if we went at a speed that allows us to have enough power to make an escape, if it ever comes to that. See if you can work out some numbers with Marianne, it will be important to know when I go speak with Oliver."
Uhh... What next... She turns to the woman next to her.
:is: "Dísa. The mage, right? We have a few buckets of paint on board, check if it's enough. If it's not, go get as many as you need to paint some protective runes on all decks, and some extra paint to renew them in case something happens. There should be a few brushes in the storage" she says.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2020, 06:37:15 PM »
:no: "No, no, don't worry. Someone messed up on the way. Leif will deal with this easily. I just have to speak to a few other people before we go and see him, alright?" He is a competent blacksmith. And has proper papers... kinda. And wants to come along. They'll deal with this.

Saga turns to Astrid and gives her a friendly smile. :no: "Yes, I will need to know how fast does the engine recharge on solar power... I would prefer if we went at a speed that allows us to have enough power to make an escape, if it ever comes to that. See if you can work out some numbers with Marianne, it will be important to know when I go speak with Oliver."
:is: "Dísa. The mage, right? We have a few buckets of paint on board, check if it's enough. If it's not, go get as many as you need to paint some protective runes on all decks, and some extra paint to renew them in case something happens. There should be a few brushes in the storage" she says.

Harald nods and waits patiently, keeping half an eye on the scene in front of him.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »

It takes Astrid a while to find Marianne. :no: "There you are! You're Marianne, right? The other engineer? The captain needs us to calculate how fast the engine can charge on solar power, can you help with that?"

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2020, 09:34:32 PM »
Having already claimed the cabin furthest from the godawful racket the blacksmith was making, Marianne is on her way to inspect the bridge when the woman with the side braid addresses her.

It takes Astrid a while to find Marianne. :no: "There you are! You're Marianne, right? The other engineer? The captain needs us to calculate how fast the engine can charge on solar power, can you help with that?"

:no: "Yeah, that's me, but I'm not an engineer.  I just steer and kill things.  Who are you?"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:51:41 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2020, 09:12:20 AM »
Having already claimed the cabin furthest from the godawful racket the blacksmith was making, Marianne is on her way to inspect the bridge when the woman with the side braid addresses her.

:no: "Yeah, that's me, but I'm not an engineer.  I just steer and kill things.  Who are you?"

:no: "I'm Astrid Nilsen, engineer for the ship and a cat trainer if the need arises for that." Astrid holds out her hand. :no: "Nice to, ah, officially meet you." She gives Marianne a grin.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:29:30 AM by Lallicat »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2020, 11:13:48 AM »

Dísa watches the show for a little while longer, even after Astrid has already left to... probably inspect the engine or something and come back. They have been speaking in Norwegian, so she only somewhat caught the gist of what was going on. Some problem with the blacksmith´s (Harald?) passport, probably. But Saga seems to be done now.

":is: Yes, that´s me. Am I the only mage on the crew? And the paint is somewhere in the storage-room too, right?"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2020, 11:26:51 AM »
":is: Yes, that´s me. Am I the only mage on the crew? And the paint is somewhere in the storage-room too, right?"

:is: "I'm afraid so, nobody else applied..." And they had to wait for an application, too. The Council politely informed Leif and her that if they set sail without a mage on board, they will send no rescue missions, no matter how close or far from home they are.
Not that they would send one if they get stuck in Mediterranean, but still.
And the response was particularly rude, since Saga isn't so stupid to leave into the Silent World without someone who can see, sense or deal with bad stuff in a bit more effective way than a handgun.
"The paint is in the storage room, yes. I will need your divination skills, too... but that can wait for a bit." Oliver, Oliver, wherefore art thou, Oliver... Wait, no, wherefore means 'why'.
:no: "Also, it's not that I mind you setting up the whole forge in here, under deck, right next to the sleeping cabins," it was the only place to set up, really. "But please check if the ventilation system is right. I'd prefer we didn't choke and die from smoke of all things" she absentmindedly tells Harald. "I'll come back for you soon."
With that, she leaves to find Oliver.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2020, 11:32:07 AM »
:is: "I'm afraid so, nobody else applied..." And they had to wait for an application, too. The Council politely informed Leif and her that if they set sail without a mage on board, they will send no rescue missions, no matter how close or far from home they are.
And the response was particularly rude, since Saga isn't so stupid to leave into the Silent World without someone who can see, sense or deal with bad stuff in a bit more effective way than a handgun.
"The paint is in the storage room, yes. I will need your divination skills, too... but that can wait for a bit." Oliver, Oliver, wherefore art thou, Oliver... Wait, no, wherefore means 'why'.
:no: "Also, it's not that I mind you setting up the whole forge in here, under deck, right next to the sleeping cabins," it was the only place to set up, really. "But please check if the ventilation system is right. I'd prefer we didn't choke and die from smoke of all things" she absentmindedly tells Harald. "I'll come back for you soon."

Harald looks at Saga's back, then up at the vents in the ceiling that had already been installed.
Really, did she think him an idiot?

Hrm.
:no: "We should have some considerable time before we depart, yes?" he asks Doc, who is the closest person.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »

At that moment, Oliver was climbing the mast, to get a look at the harbour from above.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2020, 11:44:59 AM »
Having not found him below the deck, Saga goes outside...

At that moment, Oliver was climbing the mast, to get a look at the harbour from above.

Wait, no, wherefore was right.
After the initial shock of seeing him up on the mast, Saga quickly calms down. It's a mast, it's solid and strong. It can't snap in half from one idiot. And he is climbing it reasonably confidently, so it was clear it to her that he did this before.
At least she now knows who to send up there if she needs a lookout on the open sea.
:is: "Oliver! Please come down, I have a question for you" she shouts from below.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2020, 11:49:43 AM »
Leo quietly gets to claiming his cabin as he sets out his blanket across the bed, and retrieves the trauma kit from his pack and stuffs is under the bed. Beside it he gently sets two ammo cans, some spare mags for his rifle, and a wooden box containing his reloading supplies and tools.

Everything is neat, orderly and in its place as he stuffs his spare set of clothing into the small closet the cabin has.

After some contemplation he decides some more personal supplies might be worth getting and he shoulders his pack again and stalks out of the room and up onto deck to head down the gangplank and into town to do some mid-morning shopping. Though he pauses some at the gangplank, watching the interaction between Saga and Oliver a moment.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.