General > General Discussion Board

Covid 19 - How we survived the Rash!

(1/18) > >>

Gwenno:
A thread for lifting our spirits in these trying times! Things are tough, but that doesn't mean we can't do our best and get through this eventually. While we're doing that, however, how about a thread specifically for cheering each other on, and to collect all the fun things which are happening around. I'm thinking talking about your new hobbies as you're suddenly at home for ages, the happy pets, the best memes, the pretties pictures from your balconies, and the ways in which you and your community are supporting each other.

I'm also going to link a few fun thread suggestions (and will absolutely add more as people suggest them!) for people who want an idea of the best places to relax, and suggestions for online community activities for Minnions to enjoy together.

Fun threads
Bad Jokes thread - What it says on the tin. These are terrible

Riddle Time - An ever growing collection of riddles to keep your mind busy

Recipe Swap - Stuck at home? A good time to try our some new dishes methinks!

The pets thread - Pets are great. This is all.

Podcasts - Wanna talk about that awesome new podcast you started recently?

Community activities
Chapter break filler - The chapter break is looming, but this time the Minnions are prepared! Sign up and contribute a day of art or fic for the great cause of making the chapter break less terrible!

Doodle or Die  - Fondly known as Dood Leordie. Create an account and just start drawing or give a sentence. The next person will draw/write and a chain will be created. Most of the drawings are real bad and it was hilarious, but some people managed masterpieces somehow. Anyway, super easy and needs no organising

Art Style Swap -  We used to have art style swap challenges back in the early forum days which were pretty fun. Hasn't happened for a while, but if there's interest in it it might be fun for people to write fics in each others styles or draw in each other's styles. Will need some organising though

Virtual museum tours - This one will need a bit of organising, but I've seen that quite a few museums are offering virtual tours, so if anybody is interested and has any suggestions of a particularly

Computer concerts - Quite a few artists have taken to streaming concerts from their homes as they isolate themselves which could be a fun opportunity to hang out. Fave artist doing a show tomorrow - how about you see if anybody else wants to come along and watch?

Plays and performances - The National Theatre has taken to streaming plays live on youtube. Not quite the same as going to watch a play in person, but it certainly improves sitting at home and *not* watching plays!

Livestreams - Got a good movie idea and want some people to watch it with? How about a shared viewing! The forum has organised movie livestreams in the past and if people are keen it could easily be arranged for the future!

Yastreb:
With Dood Leordie,would there need to be a whole new thread? The extant thread's last post was on August 2016; to necro or not?

Purple Wyrm:
In terms of hobbies I haven't adopted anything new but I have been trying to get back into building/kitbashing/painting Warhammer 40,000 models.

My latest projects are a kitbashed Scylla tank, and painting up a Genestealer medic and some Chaos Disciples, all of which I'm converting to a loyalists.

RanVor:

--- Quote from: Purple Wyrm on March 29, 2020, 08:32:45 AM ---In terms of hobbies I haven't adopted anything new but I have been trying to get back into building/kitbashing/painting Warhammer 40,000 models.

My latest projects are a kitbashed Scylla tank, and painting up a Genestealer medic and some Chaos Disciples, all of which I'm converting to a loyalists.

--- End quote ---
Yes! Take servants of the Four-armed Emperor into your fold! We're dying to introduce your brainwashed puppets to our glorious creed!

That said, I need to get back to my Necrons. They're all half-done and I haven't touched them with a paintbrush in a few months.

And Gwenno, you have no idea how honored I am that you deigned to put my humble little thread in your post alongside such long-runners as the bad jokes thread or the recipe swap thread. I promise to try to come up with some new riddles in the upcoming days!

Grade E cat:
Long story short, putting the Switch port of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on my wishlist for last Christmas turns out to have been more of a genius idea every day.

My mother and I are giving chess a try. Also, because my mother very briefly got curious about board games while I was a student, we have Agricola, Carcassonne and the two-person card game variant of Settlers of Catan in the house. We just gave the latter a second try and I just noticed it comes with three "expansion packs", one of which adds epidemics to the game.
My mother still has work to do while I don't, so we've been mostly playing together on week-ends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version