Author Topic: Disqus issue, dunno where else to ask -_- (SOLVED)  (Read 817 times)

shadesofgreymoon

• Super-Newbie
Disqus issue, dunno where else to ask -_- (SOLVED)
« on: December 16, 2019, 10:38:49 PM »
I'm sorry for posting a "not fun" thread, I'm just so frustrated and have no idea where else to go.

For months now almost every comment I make on Disqus is flagged as spam and removed. I haven't done any of the things that Disqus "Help" says causes that. And I can't find a link to contact a "moderator" about the situation.

Any advice? I'm utterly at a loss...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:47:48 PM by Feartheviolas »

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Disqus issue, dunno where else to ask -_-
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »
It's happened to me a couple of times as well. I believe that technically Minna is the moderator, but I don't think that she reviews the comments on Disqus very carefully :P

Is it possible that Disqus is marking spam based on IP address? I know that the forum was blocking people by IP address for a while, but Disqus is a whole different organization.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Disqus issue, dunno where else to ask -_-
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 11:05:56 PM »
When I ran your IP address through a search, there had been spam issued from that address, last about a year ago.  One of the spam hits was from the notorious Ukranian/Russian spam machine.  The Forum has a different set of blocks on them, so the hijacked address isn't necessarily blocked (sometimes is), but Disqus may have a no-go for any IPs appearing on spam registers, even if it's old.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior