Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 145824 times)

ButterflyWings

• Retired Moderator
  • Scout
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2017, 03:24:50 PM »
Issue:
I have received two reports so far (myself and one other user who cannot use the top right log in menu to log in).

Instead we have to go via the login link on the menu bar.

This one here:
https://cl.ly/273F121x2f38

Wish: Have users able to log in from the top right as well as from the login link in the menu.
Speaks some: Finnish, English, Old English, Russian, Dutch, Ancient Greek, Latin, Arabic, German, French, Spanish

W̕e ̀l̵i͠e o̡n bu͏t̡te͘r͞f͟ly҉ ͞win͏gs̸ ìn͝ ̶th́is g͟oss̸ame̵re͡d d̀ecay,͞ ͢st҉ŗi̵n̶g͝s͘ ͝t҉o ͜needles ͠pi͏ęr̨ci̡ng̨ th̀e fles͝h́
Yo̷ù ̨make͘ m͘e ͢st͞r҉i̸p ̨dowń t̷o͘ t͡h̛e͢ bone,͘ t̴h̴en s͟t̕ùm͠ble͘ i̧n my͢ ̕foot́s̡tep̷s ̸seek̨ing ́a̡bs͏o͞lut̛i͠on

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #511 on: July 16, 2017, 03:30:30 PM »
Issue:
I have received two reports so far (myself and one other user who cannot use the top right log in menu to log in).

Instead we have to go via the login link on the menu bar.

This one here:
https://cl.ly/273F121x2f38

Wish: Have users able to log in from the top right as well as from the login link in the menu.
Had the same problem here as well.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #512 on: July 16, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
had it once too a few days ago (when I cleared the cookies and had to reconnect... that'll teach me!)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
See me and Junpaku in the thread below "login problems, instant time out".

Also, probably, Fimbulvarg, who told me about the workaround and has therefore presumably also seen the problem.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #514 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
I'm going to get in touch with Hushpiper (our server and head tech guru) and we will see if we can figure out what is going on with the login.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #515 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
Login problem's fixed! As always, LMK if you're still seeing issues (here or in PM is fine).

Belatedly, regarding this thing:

...I didn't get notifications about 2 private messages from 10 April, and I saw them only today when decided to check the Forum. They weren't in Spam folder.

So, is there any chance to check and fix it?

...Both the forum and the first mail server are in Bluehost/Unifiedlayer's address space, so that looks OK, but I have to say that I'm a bit puzzled about the envelope sender ("From_") being 'pogopros@fast27.fastdomain.com' (while the "From:" header is '"The Stand Still, Stay Silent Fan-Forum" <webmaster@ssssforum.com>') ...

The fastdomain.com thing is the way that the webhost (which is technically Fastdomain rather than Bluehost--same company, same servers, but less crowded and a little more stable) handles PHP email. I believe there was a way to disguise that which we had going before the most recent migration, but there was trouble getting it to work post-migration, so this (which at least gets the email sent out properly) was the compromise. It's functional, but not pretty. If the weird sender address bugs people I can take another look.

About the main issue though, if it was just those two emails then it's likely to remain a mystery, for better or for worse. Unfortunately sometimes emails do just disappear, and there's so many factors that it can be hard to track down. If it's ongoing though, we definitely need to take a closer look.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #516 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
For some unknown reason, user signatures on mobile are shoved far to the right instead of under the user's post.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #517 on: July 20, 2017, 08:16:16 AM »
For some unknown reason, user signatures on mobile are shoved far to the right instead of under the user's post.

It has something to do with the recent changes Eri made to the phone/tablet mode. I've let him know.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2017, 05:15:13 PM »
Hi, I have a suggestion for auto-adjustments of image dimensions. As it is, the site adjusts to the height or width that is longest to amaximum of 800 px, and then sets the remaining dimension accordingly, like so:

[img height=800 width=475]Image[/just an example]

My phone (android with chrome browser) doesn't handle that too well, and I have to sidescroll to see the whole picture. When only one dimension is given, however, the phone manages to adjust the picture to fit the screen just fine.
So
[img width=475]image[/example] adjusts perfectly to the screen.

Would it be possible to set only one dimension when the board auto-adjusts images?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2017, 05:27:27 PM »
Yay, the latest update makes everything pretty and centered again!

Buuut it makes scrolling through a thread on mobile a bit of a hassle- for almost every post I scroll past, the whole thread jumps back, just a little bit. It took me a little while to understand why the thread kept backtracking like that, but it seems to be because a users picture and info line gets bigger when you tap the top of their post?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:30:14 PM by Unlos »

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »
Yay, the latest update makes everything pretty and centered again!

Buuut it makes scrolling through a thread on mobile a bit of a hassle- for almost every post I scroll past, the whole thread jumps back, just a little bit. It took me a little while to understand why the thread kept backtracking like that, but it seems to be because a users picture and info line gets bigger when you tap the top of their post?

Yes, Eri made it so that when you tap on a post on mobile it shows all hidden information; post count, rank, etc.

Overall a good idea, but I've been thinking; having it on one tap is a little irksome, it gets in the way when trying to open spoilers, for another example. Maybe if it did the same on a double tap, if possible, might be better?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:01:44 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

P__

« Reply #521 on: August 21, 2017, 05:09:06 AM »
agreed, that would be quite practical. Otherwise, having a "show info" button rather than the whole area would prevent most misclicks (I know I've inadvertently tapped on the top part most times I've used mobile :p )
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
Bug report: this page probably shouldn't look like this:

Edit: Also, saving edits is impossible, clicking on the button does nothing (only on this particular page).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:15:29 PM by Clayres »
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #523 on: October 01, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
I have the same problem, whether on laptop or mobile.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #524 on: October 01, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
I too am having transparency issues on page 111 of the SSSS'ona RP on both my laptop and on my tablet.

Issue also persists across Chrome and Internet Explorer so it doesn't seem to be a browser issue.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.