Author Topic: Announcements  (Read 14987 times)

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
Re: Announcements
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
Hello all! We've recently updated our forum software to the newest available version, which comes with improved security along with some small new features. In addition to youtube and vimeo videos, you can now embed imgur gifv (video gif) files as well; some info here on why that's cool.

Next, there's a few extra options for your spoiler tags: you can customize the "show/hide" text on the tag, and can choose whether to make it visible to forum guests or not. More info under the tag!

More Info Under Here: Clicky to read!

Spoiler codes can be formatted like any of the below:

[code][nobbc]
[spoiler]{content}

[spoiler {params}]{content}[/spoiler]
Spoiler: Some Text • show
{content goes here}

[/nobbc]
[/code]

The {params} section may be any of the following parameters:
o text - Replaces default "Spoiler" text in the header.
o quote - Text that follows the "Spoiler" text in the header.  Must be in quotes.
o show - Replaces default "Show" text in the header.
o hide - Replaces default "Hide" text in the header.
o guests - Flag to show spoiler to guests or not.  May be n, no, false, y, yes, or true.

So for example, this spoiler's code looks like this:

[spoiler text=More Info Under Here show=Clicky to read! hide=Go away!]

[/spoiler]

As with any time we make a technical change, if you see any problems or general weirdness, let us know!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »
Hey everyone! I just wanted to announce some changes to the moderation team. Since all of our mature content board moderators have retired, we have decided to rearrange some of the current staff to cover their tasks. Gwenno and I will be accepting requests to see the mature content board, and I will be moderating and watching the board. If the posting rate for that board picks up we will consider new faces for moderating that board, but for the time being, it is manageable with our current team.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 02:21:22 AM »
Alright everybody!!! This is the moment you've all been waiting for!!!!

:sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle: WE HAVE MENTIONS! :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:

All you have to do is
@Gwenno

Your mention settings are in your profile, you can choose to get emails for mentions and you can see who mentioned you where and when. Enjoy!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 04:40:03 AM »
Alright everybody!!! This is the moment you've all been waiting for!!!!

:sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle: WE HAVE MENTIONS! :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:

All you have to do is
@Gwenno

Your mention settings are in your profile, you can choose to get emails for mentions and you can see who mentioned you where and when. Enjoy!!

Oh, my! This is very exciting stuff happening here! Nice work on your shiny new forum additions  @Feartheviolas!!!!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
awesome thing! Thanks a bunch!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2018, 05:30:10 PM »
In the wake of the tumblr nsfw ban I would like to make a shameless plug for our 18+ board.

Come share your nsfw art and stories on the 18+ board!

Also if you do not have access to the 18+ board and you are 18+ and have made more than 12 posts please apply for membership to the group on your profile page. No need to put a reason.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2020, 06:34:07 PM »
I've been tinkering around on the site today in preparation for adding a political topic to the board, I'm sorry if it messed anything up for anyone.

I'm not finished setting up the political board yet, but I have fixed/added a few new bells and whistles to better protect the site member's privacy and to make things a bit easier.

First things first: @mentions should now be functional! There were some things broken in the modification that I fixed.

Next: Mature content access has been changed. You no longer have to apply to gain access, you can simply add the role to your profile under modify profile » group membership » 18+
The board will show up as long as you have more than 10 posts.
If a moderator or an admin has reason to believe you are lying about your age, your access to the mature board will be revoked permanently.

And finally: I have changed some of the rolls to improve privacy for members. The Super-Newbie roll is now anyone who has less than 10 posts on the forum. Super-Newbies do not have access to the anonymous board, the personal board, or the mature content board. This is to prevent bots or strangers from joining the forum and gaining access to more personal information that may have been posted on the board, and to encourage new members to participate and get to know the site's community before interacting in these areas.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »
Hey guys!! I'm going to do a huge flag addition over the weekend. I'll start with country flags, but if there are any specific requests please let me know! I want to try to get as many on here as I can, esp considering we don't really have to worry about space like we did when it was first implimented.

If your language doesn't have a flag symbol, please suggest an alternative image that could go in its place (like the sign language symbol)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2020, 01:42:41 AM »
I know I keep announcing things, sorry :P

The new flag codes will be their corresponding two letter country code, with the exception of flags without a country code. This is to save character space in people's signatures.
Examples:

Code: [Select]
:af: for Afghanistan :af:

At the end, I'll make a list of all the flags that don't have ISO country codes.

All flags will also be found under the "more" button just above the top left corner of the post textbox, under where the emojis display.

If your flag disappeared or isn't there yet, I'm working on it, I'm uploading something like 300 flags.

As of last post edit, all flags of official countries and territories have been added.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:23:36 AM by Feartheviolas »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »
The politics board is now live, please be respectful and read the rules before posting!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2021, 09:12:00 AM »
Hello! This is an announcement that the site will be going into maintenance mode on Wednesday July 14 from around 9-10am EST. The purpose will be to reorganize and create new boards for the restructuring.

After the new boards have been created and some of the main threads moved, the rest of the threads will be sorted through and moved in the following days. This might mean that things will appear to disappear, don't worry, they're just going to a new location. Nothing will be deleted in this restructuring. If you have questions about where a thread has gone during this time, you can make a post and one of the skalds or other team members will help you out.

We estimate this process to take a few weeks and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. Another announcement will be posted once all the threads have been moved to their new locations.